cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLAN EXPIRED!!!!!

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 6.21.37 PM.png

edited by computergeek541: removed screenshot from this messages because it contained information that shouldn't be posted here

66 REPLIES 66

The difference here is that TELUS doesn't want to make PM a contender to take away all of their customers. PM is a low budget provider to hang on to those who would go elsewhere for lower priced service. For example, It would cost them nothing to remove the 3G speed throttle which would make their service more valuable in the eyes of the consumer... but.... there has to be some "hassles" that go along with low budget to keep those who are willing to pay more paying more.

But, that said... there are some things around here that simply should be fixed. Many of them are things that consume an inordinate amount of moderators time fixing or explaining.

AE_Collector

88cranston

88cranston

laceydawn81
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i mean i kinda freaked for a sec but then was like wait. let me ask the community before i freak more. n in like a  minute i had a answer to my problem n  felt ok with it..

some ppl just dont have patience n want a answer asap or dont wanna bother to use the community to ask for help. yes it should be fixed but at least there are ways to find out answers via community

88cranston

88cranston

@88cranston  Ok you have gotten me thinking now....this is old hat for many so we laugh it off.  It wasn't old hat for me but I joined the community and got a little obsessed so I came across a post about this before my first renewal. Even though the ongoing consensus is don't look at account during renewal I couldn't resist. And I did think that could be very alarming! But I found it amusing as I knew what was up... but maybe what we should have in the help articles or easily searchable is a public mobile article on common quirks, glitches and snafu 's. Something that old timers can give the link to newcomers on their first post or two as a heads up. Its like airbnb telling you to jiggle the key to get in or watch out the shower is cold for the first minute.

laceydawn81
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@88cranston  lol I kinda freaked when I seen it say my account was expired then now saying suspended but I have the funds on my account.

I'm going into my 2nd month as of today so I was so confused. But guess it's normal to get many warnings n it should all get sorted out by end of the day after ur payment is due

@Char1 wrote:

I'm relieved to see this post. Apparently I've never logged in to the account on day 30 before.  What a horrible message to see when you're not expecting it!

You're right - it is.  Public Mobile surely could have fixed this by now.  I suspect some customers have done things such as start reporting their phone as lost/stolen to try to get rid of this message.  While the expired/suspended messages don't always mean that your service is really suspended, customers sometimes making unecessary payments can cause frustration for that person, especially when seeing that it doesn't make the error messages go away.  And with that "lost/stolen trick" as many like to call it (I've called it that before too), this sometimes causes the customer to lose rewards for that month. 

Char1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm relieved to see this post. Apparently I've never logged in to the account on day 30 before.  What a horrible message to see when you're not expecting it!

88cranston

@88cranstonUnfortunately this is not an ISO compliant environment, the cost reflects that. The question is do you want to spend the energy knowing nothing will be done or just deal with it.

88cranston

@88cranstonUnfortunately Public Mobile's website if there are failure with particular accounts, you either have to wait 48 hours for a moderator to respond to you or try the band aid approach.. There is just no way around that.

I really can't forsee that changing any time soon. Messages like Plan Expired etc is because the underlying software is just a generic (very thinly disguised software by a company called Redknee) which focus is on internal billing of telecom companies, so messages tend to be verbose for accountants. The upside is they are very consistent on their timing, eg I get a message 10:30 the day it expired, if things goes well I get another text message by 9:02 the next morning.

The payment system, I suspect Telus cranked up the paranoia factor of their payment processor, since it is prepaid.

If payment system etc bugs you I do suggest moving to a different provider.

88cranston

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@88cranston wrote:

I hear you. 

BUT

I can accept the DIY concept and the style of customer service. 

BUT 

I cannot accept not trusting auto-pay, nor will I accept a band aid approach. Nor am I going to waste my time making it work or accept down time if auto-pay fails. And all users should have the same expectations. 

I keep my account in order, I pay, PM supplies the service. They have been around for 10 years?

Don’t get me wrong. I like the price, the variety of account types and add ons, I like the website to control my account. 

I agree with your expectation.

I joined PM over 1 year ago and on this forum since then.  I read subscribers' post on failure to renew from time to time.  I don't know whether the autopay issue will ever go away.

Since this is a support forum - NOT a discussion forum, subscribers come to this forum to get help.  Lots of subscribers do not have autopay issue and will not post here saying everything is working fine.  I maintain 6 PM accounts and do not encounter any autopay/renewal issue.

88cranston

I've heard on here that PM didn't allow credit card payments, only vouchers (I guess) in the early pre Telus days. So, some of this some of this is hold over from those days. 

AE_Collector

@88cranston wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Judelina wrote:

I think they should change how they do this and maybe more people would come or stay

Here's a tip...even if you have a valid credit card on your file for autopay. A couple of days before your renewal date, manually add the equivilent plan $$ to your Available Funds. This seems to make the renewal process happy,  minimizes unexpected plan disruption and you still get the $2 autopay reward.

Added bonus is you can check in on what's new with Public Mobile plans and any Notifications.

So what is the point of auto-pay. I say if you offer it......do it right. Are you saying you don’t trust auto-pay?

I don't disagree with you at all. Autopay should be bullet-proof...but the renewal process has been glicthy for some users. By adding $$ to Available Funds ahead of renewal, those glitches are minimized.

88cranston

Yes another area that could use some improvement around here.

@88cranston  Make the best of it following the changes that will happen while they convert rewards to available cash and apply that cash to your renewal charging you just the additional amount needed if any.

Terry

88cranston

@Judelina wrote:

I think they should change how they do this and maybe more people would come or stay

Here's a tip...even if you have a valid credit card on your file for autopay. A couple of days before your renewal date, manually add the equivilent plan $$ to your Available Funds. This seems to make the renewal process happy,  minimizes unexpected plan disruption and you still get the $2 autopay reward.

Added bonus is you can check in on what's new with Public Mobile plans and any Notifications.

88cranston

Judelina

bonsai3339

Thank you to all the posters. I was getting panicked myself. Thanks for letting us know that ... it's not something to panic about and should be fine in the morning if you know you've paid and your card is up-to-date :Smiley Wink)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@88cranston wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@88cranston  LOL....i guess we forgot to tell you not to look at your account on renewal day unless you don't have service. Oops sorry...it does cause unnecessary panic, heart palpitations and other unpleasant physical reactions. Well you found out the hard way...but now you know.

Am old.....but heart is good. 

One of my renewal was late.  I woke up 7am on the renewal day and the "Plan Expired" changed to "Suspended" with big red "Reactivate" button.  Don't panic.  Make sure to check on your phone first before doing anything.  Ignore the suspension warning if your phone works.

88cranston

bonsai3339

I so hope this is true! I had mine on autopay and updated my cc renewal date last month. When I saw the same type of Account info as this poster I was afraid they didn't update it. I hope @88 cranston suggestion is the situation for me. 🙂

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Yeah I know what you mean

It should be called 'about to renew

Maybe wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't red.

If they wanted to increase heart attacks statistics they would probably have it flashing. I guess it could be worse

Need Help? Let's chat.