cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLAN EXPIRED!!!!!

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 6.21.37 PM.png

edited by computergeek541: removed screenshot from this messages because it contained information that shouldn't be posted here

66 REPLIES 66

LoveMyBolt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@michaelwei wrote:

My phone number  shows that my plan has expired, but I have $20 in my account and I have $10 account . My renewal date is suppose to be tomorrow. Please help, thanks.

Rule #1: don't go into your account on renewal night. If your phone keeps working through to tomorrow morning then it will all be good. The date is actually the day of the renewal. Today is the last day of the current prepaid period.

IGNORE IT! Your plan is just in process of renewing, this happens every month if you watch the renewal happening online. All is well unless you don't actually have service?

probanly should remove your phone number from your post by clicking the three dots in the upper right corner of your post. Anyone can see it here.

AE_Collector

michaelwei
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone number 236-978-6318 shows that my plan has expired, but I have $20 in my account and I have $10 account . My renewal date is suppose to be tomorrow. Please help, thanks.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I believe it's in user's account settings someplace but it's just that users don't have active links to it. It showed up with a warning once, maybe it showed up before when my previous posts were banned but I just didn't notice it.

Also i happened to be logged into Google so that the chrome kept the history and it happened not so long ago that I would forget about it. You may say that starts have aligned:)

@oglat wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@oglat wrote:

Guys can you see any of your messages here

OMG!!!! Wow how did you find that and where is it? Somewhere in my profile? And boy have I ever had a lot of posts disappear! Thank you!

I have a bad habit of appending and appending also autocorrect doesn't like me too much, so it happened once that I was told my message is gonna be posted after being approved and there was a link that I clicked and saw a graveyard of posts. (BTW never reviewed nor approved, I wouldn't expect them to waste prescious mods time on such things)

After reading your conversation I remembered it and managed to dig it out of my history

But yeah I couldn't locate it anywhere in my account settings, thought it's supposed to be there

@oglat  Now that I've quoted it a few times it's in my history too! To me it's the find of the century. So thank you one more time...i thought I was happy when I found the drafts section in my profile. This is pure gold. How does the link know to go to my disappeared posts?  I feel like David Blaine is hiding out behind my post or something....

oglat

@darlicious wrote:

@oglat wrote:

OMG!!!! Wow how did you find that and where is it? Somewhere in my profile? And boy have I ever had a lot of posts disappear! Thank you!

I have a bad habit of appending and appending also autocorrect doesn't like me too much, so it happened once that I was told my message is gonna be posted after being approved and there was a link that I clicked and saw a graveyard of posts. (BTW never reviewed nor approved, I wouldn't expect them to waste prescious mods time on such things)

After reading your conversation I remembered it and managed to dig it out of my history

But yeah I couldn't locate it anywhere in my account settings, thought it's supposed to be there

@oglat wrote:

Seems to have stayed .. but ... wasn't a post that was relegated to the circular file initially.

AE_Collector

88cranston

@AE_Collector wrote:

Copy and past into new post doesn't work?

AE_Collector

Thanks....just did it.  Let's see if it stays or not. 

88cranston
@AE_Collector wrote:

The difference here is that TELUS doesn't want to make PM a contender to take away all of their customers. PM is a low budget provider to hang on to those who would go elsewhere for low budget service. It would cost them nothing to remove the 3G speed throttle and would make their service more valuable in the eyes of the consumer... but.... there has to be some "hassles" that go along with low budget.

AE_Collector

I have to disagree. The low budget service hassle, you refer to, is the online DIY service with minimal human interaction.....and that is all it should be.....as per your definition of hassle. That can be lived with, by many of us. Telus may loose their prepaid customers to PM, but Telus/PM  gains from taking customers from Lucky, Petro Canada, Speakout etc. 

And keep in mind PM was Telus’s answer to the CTRC to provide lower cost mobile service. And keep in mind the community interaction here is probably very minimal when compared to PMs overall customer base. And a lot of community issues, but not all, is self imposed (not intentionally). So there are many many customers that are totally satisfied. There is service....as in customer service that is basically DIY, there is service.....as in mobile network service which should be as good as it is for any Bell or Telus customer. And I doubt that Telus, Bell or Rogers loose many post paid customers to the lower budget prepaid plans as many plans are paid by employers AND I would think most are too lethargic to make the effort to make the change and if they do....that is where the loyalty department kicks in to keep them on a post paid contract. And also keep in mind another cost cutting measure is, you are not paying a commission to buy into PM from a dealer at a kiosk in the mall. PM should not be referred to as low BUDGET service......it should be referred to a low COST service as they have trimmed away those costs.

And I remain....the system should work as flawless as possible. Which I would think, that is their intention. 

REPOSTED FROM CUT AND PASTING

oglat

@AE_Collector wrote:

AE_Collector

That's exactly what I tried, gets posted but disappears the next seconds and appears on this rejected list.

I can make another post but can't be the exact copy of it nor just a small change. I'm not sure how much do you have to change to qualify as 'different enough' post.

As I understand this list is never looked up by anybody but me so it won't be posted unless I ask Moderators to do it, but that's just my assumption.

AE_Collector

oglat

Yeah talk to moderators

I notice it gets flagged if I make too many revisions. I tried reposting them, modifying them but they are still blocked. And once I made another post to the same thread and that one got posted but disappeared the next second

You could talk to mods, i think they have to be approved to show up

I actually found some i didn't even know they were taken down

There is nothing negative in them nor controversial, very strange

88cranston

@oglat wrote:

Yes!!!  How do I post them?

How do I get there on my own?

Thank You!

oglat

88cranston

@darlicious wrote:

@88cranston  I don't know what's worse the censorship bug or th dang *poof* the magic dragon disappearing posts bug! At least you have some kind of proof your post existed. My bug completely eradicated all evidence of its existence. And it was clear and concise and well written.

Sorry to hear. Is so frustrating!

@88cranston  I don't know what's worse the censorship bug or th dang *poof* the magic dragon disappearing posts bug! At least you have some kind of proof your post existed. My bug completely eradicated all evidence of its existence. And it was clear and concise and well written.

88cranston

@geopublic wrote:

@88cranston  My understanding is that if you edit your post to many times in a short period of time your post gets classified as spam and goes into a holding queue and must be released by a moderator after you notify them that your post is missing.

@geopublic   You are probably very very correct. I have a habit of refining posts. Maybe I should stick to doing my post in notes, and then copy and paste back here.  I doubt if I will ever see it! Never the less is an extremely poor set up to not warn posters....poof it’s gone. 

oglat

Hi @88cranston 

Somebody else was censored too this evening, I wander if there is something wrong with pm system as it can be triggered automatically to purge

@88cranston  I'm sure this is very frustrating for you especially when what seems like a perfectly normal post is removed with no rhyme or reason. Well take solace in the fact that many of us are way more interested in what you had to say but cannot read it. Your magic words give you a cloak of mystery and we wait with bated breath with what the forum will allow you to reveal....you are being elevated to a counter community iconoclast. Oh what great words will they censor next?

@88cranston  My understanding is that if you edit your post to many times in a short period of time your post gets classified as spam and goes into a holding queue and must be released by a moderator after you notify them that your post is missing.

88cranston

So WHO deleted my last post???? You could have at least advised me it was removed and also tell me why. There was nothing wrong with it!!!!!!!

@88cranston The only item removed by the Oracles was a picture showing your referral code. Any other deletions were by moderators, or whatever automated filters this forum uses. As you know PM has an array of bugs and quirks. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

88cranston

@srlawren wrote:

@88cranston wrote:

@88cranston wrote:

@88cranston wrote:

@88cranston what's up with the 3 blank posts?  are you having technical difficulties?

No. I did a relatively long, nice, well thought out, factual post and then found it to be deleted/censored by some one that appears to me to not be that well read of a person. So you won’t hear from me much..unless I have a problem and I will try to stay away from commenting or assisting. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@88cranston wrote:

@88cranston wrote:

@88cranston wrote:

@88cranston what's up with the 3 blank posts?  are you having technical difficulties?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

88cranston

88cranston

88cranston

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@88cranston Public Mobile is very much a what-you-see-is-what-you-get provider.  My best honest advice to you and I don't mean this in a snarky or negative way: if you don't like how it works, you may want to shop around and change to another provider with more reliable systems and snappier support.  Since you were with Telus for 14 years (I did a stint of 12 years with them before moving to PM in 2015), I know that you know that if you want that reliability and peace of mind, it's going to cost you; for some, it's worth the extra cost, and for others, it isn't.  You have the choice.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.