cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLAN CHANGE ON RENEWAL

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Hey folks,

So my plan renewal is coming up on Tuesday, June 2nd. First off excited that I have been here two months now. Thank for all the support you have all been awesome! 

My question is about the process of changing your plan for your renewal. Only being here a couple of months this will be the first time I do this. 

I have already gone into my self-serve and change it for my renewal date.

Does it work like this?

1. Rewards are added to my account. 

2. Then the plan is flipped over to the new plan - from $25.00 to $40.00 plan

3. Then the remainder is taken from my account balance? 

4. And in the morning my new plan is active? 

I'm asking because I read about delays with data that is posted above the plans you select. And I am also concerned just because of the most recent post with people having their service interrupted when they switched plans. 

One other thing, If I were to change manually a few days before do you lose the rewards for that month? 

Any input would be appreciated. 

Cheers

11 REPLIES 11

@BearFBI@Anonymous @computergeek541 

Just a quick follow up. I wanted to confirm that your advice was bang on! 

So last night was the switch.

1. 12:00 am my account went into the suspension warning. 

2. 1:30 am my rewards we applied to my account but it still showed the 25.00 plan. 

3. 5:00 am the 40.00 was removed from my account balance still showed the 25.00 plan. 

4.  6:45am my account showed active and a complete switch. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Naepalm wrote:

@BearFBI Thats correct. I am going to be moving up to the 40.00 plan. Anticipating next month Ill be doing more running around and using more data. 

Yeah i was eventually thinking of switching up to that too. Im just waiting on a few friend referrals. My goal is to get at least 17$ in rewards monthly for me to switch up to that plan. The 2$ autopay and community rewards helps a lot. Although im not as active in the community so my reward might drop to 5$.

@Anonymous thanks for the suggestion, especially with hearing of auto pay issues, I know it can be relative. But I dont want to be part of that group it fails for. 

@computergeek541 yeah I made sure to do that add extra funds.Thanks for your advice. Super helpful to hear previous experience. 🙂 

@BearFBI Thats correct. I am going to be moving up to the 40.00 plan. Anticipating next month Ill be doing more running around and using more data. 

My first month I used 150mb, last month 900mb. This month I start back up with work and will be out more often. 

I was thinking the 35.00 plan but it would work for me if it was 3G. I dont think the 2G will be enough. Even though I still have some bonus data and add on data. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Naepalm What plan are you switching to ? If i remember correctly you are currently on the 25$ plan. Right ?

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure about immediate plan change and rewards. I doubt rewards would come in.

I've done two immediate plan changes before. One time, I got the rewards automatically, while the other, I had to ask for them to be manually applied.

@Naepalm wrote:
Thanks, @computergeek541 that was quick! I'll wait for the renewal and let you all know if there are any issues 🙂

In case of some type of strange system bug and even if you have autopay enabled, I would also suggest a manual topping up to ensure that your account balance+your rewards will be at least $40 before the plan change. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything is centred around Available Funds. Vouchers and manual payments and credits go in. Rewards go in at renewal first. Then whatever other mysterious machinations happen to the plan, if it wants more money then it will go to autopay if configured after taking what it needs from Available Funds. If that's sufficient then it won't bother trying autopay.

I would suggest having sufficient balance in Available Funds so as not to muddy the waters with autopay.

Not sure about immediate plan change and rewards. I doubt rewards would come in.

Thanks, @computergeek541 that was quick! I'll wait for the renewal and let you all know if there are any issues 🙂

Unless you've run out of minutes or data on your base plan, don't try to change it early. No good can come of it. At the very least, you will end up spending more money than necessary because you will end up forfeiting any remaining time on the old plan and you'll be moving up the start date of the new plan.  Sometimes, rewards don't get paid out when performing an immediate plan change.

When you have a plan change scheduled for next renewal, the only difference will be that you'll be paying a diffferent price and you'll be on a different plan after the renewal is complete. Everything else remains the same.

Need Help? Let's chat.