cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over half my data used in 1 day

drsyxu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan just renewed on the 15th. I’m on 4gb/30 days. 2240mb used in 1 day. How is this possible? I was on wifi all day and never in the past used this much data in a day. 

How can I get help with this?

edit: checked my usage history and it shows no data used since I renewed yesterday. 408AB76C-8162-4774-AAD4-58CC3D58384D.jpeg

1425A765-4218-4254-B8CB-794D49B432C0.jpeg

15 REPLIES 15

emilblmp3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same to me....Smiley Sad

drsyxu

Doesn’t show any usage. I’ve tried messaging the mods but haven’t heard back. 

charlesgo

Its been updating daily for me thus far! 

@Anonymous wrote:

@drsyxu wrote:

My plan just renewed on the 15th. I’m on 4gb/30 days. 2240mb used in 1 day. How is this possible? I was on wifi all day and never in the past used this much data in a day. 

edit: checked my usage history and it shows no data used since I renewed yesterday.

This is a recurring bug where the data counter does not get reset at renewal. It seems to be popping up again. It happened to several people a month or two ago.

You'll need to contact the @Moderator_Team < Click this.

Another bug? Oh boy.

Hoping this doesn't result in premature loss of anyone's plan data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@drsyxu wrote:

edit: checked my usage history and it shows no data used since I renewed yesterday.

This is a recurring bug where the data counter does not get reset at renewal. It seems to be popping up again. It happened to several people a month or two ago.

You'll need to contact the @Moderator_Team < Click this.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Does selfserve  usage history show any data events for the day in question? 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What kind of phone do you have?

Of course, doing anything intensive like downloading or watching video over mobile will drain the data. Out of the box, though, most smartphone presets ensure a lot of data usage (letting apps use data in background, download app and worse OS updates over WiFi or data connection, etc). While this usage problem gets sorted, it might be worth poking around your phone's settings and putting more checks and balances in place so that it doesn't continue to suck your data.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@drsyxu wrote:

Plan renewed yesterday (15th). 

Screenshots are from yesterday’s usage. 

Did you check the usage on the device itself?

As per @Triguy , check out the usage from the source... as was mentioned, who knows how accurate Public Mobile's usage report can be....

@drsyxu wrote:

According to my usage history since my renewal yesterday, I have not used any data. But it’s showing I’ve used over half on the summary page. 

You're saying there's a discrepency between Overview display and usage history?
What about your phone stats? Does the usage under cellular settings support your usage history?

It's likely a display issue on your Overview screen. I have seen incorrect info displayed on Self Serve as well.

Logoff your Self Serve account, clear browser cache and try again with incognito mode.

Notice any difference afterwards?

drsyxu

Plan renewed yesterday (15th). 

Screenshots are from yesterday’s usage. 

drsyxu

According to my usage history since my renewal yesterday, I have not used any data. But it’s showing I’ve used over half on the summary page. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@drsyxu  hi you must have had your data on wifi assist maybe where you possibly watching a lot of videos?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure any apps that you have like Facebook and Twitter don't update automatically.  Also turn off notifications for apps.  If you have Google maps make sure that you save maps for offline use.

Here is a guide to manage your data.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-data-usage/ta-p/152760

Need Help? Let's chat.