cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over charge on data

Aussie1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On April 4 I purchased 1GB data for $ 15 and on April 6 I purchased another 1GB and was charged $30. Why the difference. 

28 REPLIES 28

Germi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can't log into account

@Germi if you can log into your self service account, you can see and change the secret question and answer there.

To contact a moderator, you would need to submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Germi

Tiana can help me I forgot my security answer to my question. How is squamish?

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Happy easter to you too @Aussie1. Enjoy Public mobile!

Aussie1

Thank you so much for your help.  I’m new to this. Happy Easter

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tiana_V wrote:

@Aussie1 wrote:

Thanks. That answers the question. Also why am I receiving notifications that I have used 95% of my data when I just purchased more?

You will receive notifications based on your data consumption based on the amount of data in your original plan. Additional data purchased through add-ons is not accounted for in our automated notifications. 

@Tiana_V 

Some of us aren't quite sure that there might be a bug in there somewhere. That in the presence of data add-ons, nothing shows up.

But as I said, not sure.

@Aussie1 wrote:

Thanks. That answers the question. Also why am I receiving notifications that I have used 95% of my data when I just purchased more?

You will receive notifications based on your data consumption based on the amount of data in your original plan. Additional data purchased through add-ons is not accounted for in our automated notifications. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aussie1 

Interesting that the add-on had different names. We were a little short of all the facts to find the answer.

Glad it's all sorted now.

@Aussie1 make sure you thank @Tiana_V  who essentially read the forum or whatnot and have dealt with the issue safely, swiftly and surely! 

Aussie1

Thanks. They had a glitch in the 611 purchases. They have fixed the problem

Aussie1

They had a glitch in the 611 purchases but have corrected it. Thanks

Aussie1

They had a glitch in their 611 purchases and over charged. It has been corrected. Thankd

Aussie1

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi there! We were recently made aware of a glitch in our IVR system which resulted in some purchases of the 1GB data add-on made through *611 to be overcharged. We've since fixed this issue and are crediting back the difference to affected customers who made purchases on or after March 31 (when the limited time pricing went into effect). You should see the credit in your account soon. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

By george I think mpcdesign nailed it. So Aussie1, can you call or text? If not then yes you did an immediate plan change to the data-only plan.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Aussie1, if you legitimately think you made the wrong purchase, then I do suggest you contact the moderators via SIMon first. Hit the question mark at the right bottom corner to get started on the ticket.

B

@Aussie1, i have a feeling you bought the wrong data add-on.

IF you click on the data plan as in the big bubble plan, that's what you bought on April 6th, $30 plan. Expires in a month.

If you click on the bottom of the plan, then you would have paid the $15 plan. Expires until you use it all up!

Confusing? Heck yah!

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 9.59.40 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aussie1 

So what's your total data with them all?

Screen snips would be much easier. Blank out personal info of course.

Aussie1

The $15 purchase says 1GB add on and the $30 one says data add on? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amandamo 

You might be confusing my post with the OP.

amandamo

@will13am They said that they purchased 2 addons at once. It may be a system glitch or it may be one promo price per period, per account. I'm following the post to see what happens. Stay safe!

amandamo

@Anonymous  Keep us posted! I'm curious to what the answer will be.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amandamo 

A reasonable guess. I bought two of them at the same time. Maybe buying more in another transaction returns to the original price. I doubt it though. So we'll just wait and see what the OP comes back with.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Shouldn't the price be as marked?  There are no specific announcements about the reduced price.  I have not purchased the data add-on myself.  Maybe the discount is one per account purchase.

amandamo

I know that there was a promo on for 1 extra gig at $15 instead of $30. It may only be on a one time addon option for the special. It's best to contact a moderator directly so they can look into the details for you. 

Here's the link to contact them:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/send-us

Moderators are available from 

Monday to Friday: 8AM- midnight EST
Saturday and Sunday: 8AM- 10PM EST

Good luck and stay safe! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aussie1 

Perhaps you double clicked.

Check your data & add-ons area for the 1gb add-on. Maybe it says xxx / 3072MB.

Or your payment history for 3 purchases.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Aussie1 wrote:

On April 4 I purchased 1GB data for $ 15 and on April 6 I purchased another 1GB and was charged $30. Why the difference. 

Pricing still lists it at $15 it is a limited time promo but should still be active

ADDED:  Can you show us a screenshot of your payment page with personal info removed so we might have a look at what is going on.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.