cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing texts not working

Hissae2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm unable to send any text that is longer than 1-2 words. The recipient won't receive it. It works for the really short messages but won't work for anything longer. Help?

8 REPLIES 8

@Hissae2 wrote:

There is no volte option on my phone, I have the OnePlus 6 that's for the OnePlus 3t

Thanks anyway though

Still not working!

@Hissae2 

As mentioned before, can you put the SIM card in another working phone.  To help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

If hardware issue, maybe try network reset.  Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

Hissae2

There is no volte option on my phone, I have the OnePlus 6 that's for the OnePlus 3t

Thanks anyway though

Still not working!

@Hissae2 "Check to see if VoLTE is on. I just had the same problem and it fixed it for me. Go to SIM & Network settings and if VoLTE is on, turn it off. " I found this in the one plus forums as a solution for this problem. Hope it works for you.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/cant-send-text-messages.480276/

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would try different app or simply wait till tomorrow and see if things change . Could be just a temporary issue.

Hissae2

Data works fine. My phone is the Oneplus 6. Android. Shows as sent. It starting at about 7:30pm, I had been sending messages fine all evening, then it just stopped working. Although MMS messages still send.

Hissae2

No, I've been with public mobile for years. Already tried removing the sim, my phone is a dual sim phone so I even tried switching the sim into the other slot and still the same problem.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

One or two words seems a strange delineator.

Sms are based on characters once over the limit sms are turned into MMS which require data connection.

Is your data working?  What phone are you using ie iOS or Android? What os is receiving the sms?

Has this just happened? Do you get a failure message or does it display as sent?

I would hold off contacting mods before some additional troubleshooting is done.

CAn you try sim in another phone see if the issue still happens?

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Hissae2, by any chance, did you just switch over from a different provider? If so, it may be an issue when you ported over? 

Try removing the sim card for a moment, then replace it and start phone again.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below (bottom right corner):

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 3.11.17 PM.png

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as a recipient for a private message.

You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox. Make sure you respond within 24 hours or else, they will think you have resolved the issue on your own, and thus, you will need to create a new ticket for them!

*Note: Be advised, account verification will be required when contacting the Moderator Team

Need Help? Let's chat.