cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage

Carterdyer8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone and my sons phone not working at all and have plans on them not close to expiration or anything 

30 REPLIES 30

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MoreYummy wrote:

It should not work not like, as long as no payment pass due,  the system should not ask for anything in the account.   

@Carterdyer8 what @MoreYummy has said is correct--normally there is no requirement to have > $0 in your Available Funds balance.  Adding a small amount such as $1 is a workaround someone (I believe @Dunkman) discovered.  I guess whenever you make a top up, some additional processing is triggered to reactivate any services that might have been waiting for payment, or something along those lines.  We can only take educated guesses as customers, but it does seem to work in at least some cases.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Carterdyer8 wrote:

@MoreYummy Well it makes sense kinda, some carrier requirements are you have $5 as a balance I’m order for it to work, mine said I had $2 as a balance, I was starting to think I was gonna have to re-add a plan on a loose out on the money, but it is what it is, and issues happen all the time not matter what provider your with 

It should not work not like, as long as no payment pass due,  the system should not ask for anything in the account.   

Carterdyer8

@MoreYummy Well it makes sense kinda, some carrier requirements are you have $5 as a balance I’m order for it to work, mine said I had $2 as a balance, I was starting to think I was gonna have to re-add a plan on a loose out on the money, but it is what it is, and issues happen all the time not matter what provider your with 

Yea, it is very interesting way to fix it, due to some issue at the public mobile server coding level.   

srlawren

@Carterdyer8 pick up a flamingo or a garden gnome instead, they look nicer in the yard Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Carterdyer8

@srlawren I was about to throw the phone out the door lmao 🤣 

srlawren

@Carterdyer8 wrote:

Lmao that dollar trick worked unreal and thanks a lot 

@Carterdyer8 this is why the community suggest it 🙂  Glad it worked for you!

Full credit to @Dunkman for discovering both of these workarounds!  They've been very helpful to many people.

Carterdyer8

Lmao that dollar trick worked unreal and thanks a lot 

srlawren

@Carterdyer8 wrote:

@CS_Agent 

need some help here I’ve done just about everything to try and fix this 

If you've exhausted all the things the community can suggest and need to contact the moderator team for help, tagging them here won't help.  You need to send them a private message.  Please see how to do so here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carterdyer8 wrote:

@CS_Agent 

So you're able to get into the self-serve now. Did you try the lost/stolen trick as detailed earlier? The other trick is to manually add $1 to the account and then restart the phone.

Carterdyer8

@CS_Agent 

Carterdyer8

I even went as far as changing my phone number and nothing but one thing I did notice Nova Scotia numbers are now area code (782) and the first 3 digits are now 777

Carterdyer8

Yup did that as well pulled out my sim card and powered back up 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Carterdyer8

If you havent..give the lost/stolen trick a shot..report lost for 5-10 min..then found and power back up..

Carterdyer8

Well little update my data is working now but texting and phone calls still aren’t 

Maybe maintenance caused the issue.!  Smiley Happy

Try it again after few hours.  

It is working for me.

Carterdyer8

Yup even reset network settings and reset phones and I even tried manually network settings, I use to work for 3ell mobility 

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you tried  restarting the phones?  

@Carterdyer8 wrote:

Ahhhh that so bites cause i did have a hot date and was suppose to call me at a certain time never heard from her after I text her and I think she thinks I ditched her but it was my phone not working at all and now she won’t even talk to me lmao Oh my Thanks Public 

Good to have a back up wifi calling such as Fongo.

Carterdyer8

Ahhhh that so bites cause i did have a hot date and was suppose to call me at a certain time never heard from her after I text her and I think she thinks I ditched her but it was my phone not working at all and now she won’t even talk to me lmao Oh my Thanks Public 

@Carterdyer8 wrote:

But it won’t let me even call my voicemail says it’s long distance something happened with this system maintenance 

Yea, i wonder if this maintenance screwed something up. Check your self-serve account tomorrow morning. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carterdyer8 wrote:

I checked plan usage using 611 and it says I have no active data and I know I do 

Unfortunately, 611 usage is only for add-ons.

Carterdyer8

But it won’t let me even call my voicemail says it’s long distance something happened with this system maintenance 

Carterdyer8

I checked plan usage using 611 and it says I have no active data and I know I do 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carterdyer8 wrote:

Lol i can’t System maintenance 

lol Right. Rats. Sorry.

Carterdyer8

Lol i can’t System maintenance 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carterdyer8 wrote:

Now when I make a phone call it’s says everything is long distance as well 

For both:

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Carterdyer8

Now when I make a phone call it’s says everything is long distance as well 

Carterdyer8

Says next payment isn’t due until Feb and says what my active plan is 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Carterdyer8 Working fine for me. No outage. Are you 100% sure your accounts are active? Try dialing 611 and see what it says.

Need Help? Let's chat.