cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of province use

prezPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi,
I currently live in Ontario and have only province wide calling on the $120/12GB/90day plan.

I am going on a road trip to New Brunswick and then to the US. I was wondering if I could still recieve calls while out of province? Also will I be able to use my Data while in Canada? Also what would you guys recommend for when I go to the US?
9 REPLIES 9

@stonechucker wrote:

@JL9, these old threads are no longer accurate.

PM policy now reads that any calling plan can receive a call anywhere in Canada, from anyone calling that number from anywhere in the world.

Province Wide plans still can only make outgoing no charge calls to numbers within the province where the network connection is made.  Provincial border areas can be a problem, where you may be standing in Ontario, but connectin to a tower in Quebec.

That sounds very good but where did you see that? Can you provide the link for reference?

@JL9, these old threads are no longer accurate.

PM policy now reads that any calling plan can receive a call anywhere in Canada, from anyone calling that number from anywhere in the world.

Province Wide plans still can only make outgoing no charge calls to numbers within the province where the network connection is made.  Provincial border areas can be a problem, where you may be standing in Ontario, but connectin to a tower in Quebec.

Oh I had no idea but that's good 

@xCameron94x wrote:

this explains all the long distance add ons:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Mobile-Community/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Community

Texting and data work no matter where you are in Canada.

For US, you will need to buy a roaming add on, i recommend buying it the day you expect to arrive in the states.

LInk does not work... 😉

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

really? interesting to know. 

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
Very much what everyone one said combination of fongo. Seems to do the trick, but some people (me included) still received calls from home province when we were outside our province , it could be a glitch but , I am just leaving this here. (For research purposes) 😉

@prezPM wrote:
Hi,
I currently live in Ontario and have only province wide calling on the $120/12GB/90day plan.

I am going on a road trip to New Brunswick and then to the US. I was wondering if I could still recieve calls while out of province? Also will I be able to use my Data while in Canada? Also what would you guys recommend for when I go to the US?

You won't be able to receive calls while outside of Ontario unless you purchase a long distance add-on for a set amount of minutes that can be used while you are in another province.   You'll also need to purchase a roaming add-on to use your phone in the U.S.   Your data can be used anywhere in Canada. 

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@prezPM wrote:
Hi,

Suggest you forward number to fongo so you can receive calls when out of province. Otherwise, just get a $8 long distance addon and you can keep that until you use all the minutes. When going to the USA, suggest buying from freedompop.com so you can get completely free roaming. Buy multiple cards for 99 cents and each one you can get 700mb/ month free. So I have 4 = 2.8gb/month free LTE roaming in USA.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

this explains all the long distance add ons:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Mobile-Community/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Community

Texting and data work no matter where you are in Canada.

For US, you will need to buy a roaming add on, i recommend buying it the day you expect to arrive in the states.

Need Help? Let's chat.