cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of data????? Really.

ihatesushi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been a loyal Public Mobile client since September 24,2018. I have been sending friends their way for quiet some time now. And I'm a very satisfied client. Thing is,Feb,22,i topped up and by,i'd say like,under a weel later,i had no data left.I have never came close to ever using all my data within my 30 days.Upon doing a little investigating,i noticed that all my data was used up by Pintrest within a day. Don't know how this happened but it was very disappointing.I would like to know if at all possible,that Public Mobile could some how,maybe,kind of sort of,reinstate my data on my next top up "on the house" or credit me with 1 months free service.This would make me want to continue praising to my "PUBLIC MOBILE"frends,all the more,about this one and only hassel free service,that has been exactly what cellular phone costumer,as myself,have been waiting for,for so long.Being all so tired of these over priced,crapy tech services,and very unprofessional buisness conduct,probee like,employees.To finally have what we deserve,is a blessing.So,seeing that i am a devoted cusomer,and I stand by their product,that great hassel free service and hands on,self serve menus,That i could get a reply on the matter at hand.Splended.Cheers!

9 REPLIES 9

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Not knowing how you use data, what apps used, and much you use internet, watch video, and stream music, no way for us to know how much data you used.

It is easy to use all data in one week if you do the right stuff with your data.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Pizzaeh

@ihatesushi, the answer to your question is no, unfortunately.  They sell data add-ons for situations like this.   

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

@sandpublic Apps like pintrest wouldn't need to be installing large updates to use a log of data. OP was probably just spending a lot of time on the app while on data instead of wifi.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Not familiar with these apps but don't they have a setting to only update when on Wi-Fi? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your phone with its OS and apps did this. Not Public Mobile.

Everyone comes here with their hard-luck story claiming how they're the special exception.

I suppose there's a possibility that they might do something for you as a customer retention good will gesture but I wouldn't go about demanding it and they wouldn't be obliged to provide anything let alone a copy of your data alotment for free.

Chalk it up as lesson learned to keep an eye on your apps.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@ihatesushi You were probably accessing pintrest while on data instead of wifi. That's not Public Mobiles fault.

Psygineer

I'm slightly confused by your post. You used up the data with one of the apps you choose to use, and want your data refunded to you because didn't feel your data was well spent? Personally when I am using a known data hog of a website, in my case imgur, I always make sure I am on wifi before opening the app. I also have my phone set to avoid using data at all costs (it still uses about 25mb per month randomly). You might wish to you look into the settings of your phone and enable that option yourself. I prefer turning off my data, that way if I need it, I have to willfully turn it on, rather than it just being there to be accidentally used.

@ihatesushi wrote:

I've been a loyal Public Mobile client since September 24,2018. I have been sending friends their way for quiet some time now. And I'm a very satisfied client. Thing is,Feb,22,i topped up and by,i'd say like,under a weel later,i had no data left.I have never came close to ever using all my data within my 30 days.Upon doing a little investigating,i noticed that all my data was used up by Pintrest within a day. Don't know how this happened but it was very disappointing.I would like to know if at all possible,that Public Mobile could some how,maybe,kind of sort of,reinstate my data on my next top up "on the house" or credit me with 1 months free service.This would make me want to continue praising to my "PUBLIC MOBILE"frends,all the more,about this one and only hassel free service,that has been exactly what cellular phone costumer,as myself,have been waiting for,for so long.Being all so tired of these over priced,crapy tech services,and very unprofessional buisness conduct,probee like,employees.To finally have what we deserve,is a blessing.So,seeing that i am a devoted cusomer,and I stand by their product,that great hassel free service and hands on,self serve menus,That i could get a reply on the matter at hand.Splended.Cheers!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ihatesushi , I just don't see how Public Mobile can give you free service.  If they did, there would be a long lineup behind you with their individual reasons why they should get some free service also.

Need Help? Let's chat.