cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Mayor / Maire

Re: Options while traveling in Europe?


@mathilde17 wrote:

Hi I have a semi unreated question... I will be in France for 3 weeks and want to suspend my service for a month's duration while traveling but can't seem to find how to do that on my online profile..... I'll re-activtate it the following month when I'm back. Can someone please help?

Thanks!!


Ok do you mean the lost/stolen trick...

 In your self-serve account tab PLAN/ADD-ONS, report your phone lost/stolen. And you will be able to reactivate when you will come back. BUT if you have a plan which doesn't exist anymore or credits for example 10$ for 6 months...you will loose them.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Options while traveling in Europe?


@mathilde17 wrote:

Hi I have a semi unreated question... I will be in France for 3 weeks and want to suspend my service for a month's duration while traveling but can't seem to find how to do that on my online profile..... I'll re-activtate it the following month when I'm back. Can someone please help?

Thanks!!


If you don't have sufficient funds in your Available Funds to cover the cost of your plan and if you have autopay turned on then you can turn off autopay and let the service suspend. Then when you get back, you top up with the card on file and click Reactivate and you're running.

 

If you DO have funds then you'll need to use the lost/stolen feature to suspend it yourself. Do that just before your plan renews. Then Resume service when you return and click Reactivate and you're running.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Options while traveling in Europe?


@Lieux wrote:

@mathilde17 wrote:

Hi I have a semi unreated question... I will be in France for 3 weeks and want to suspend my service for a month's duration while traveling but can't seem to find how to do that on my online profile..... I'll re-activtate it the following month when I'm back. Can someone please help?

Thanks!!


Ok do you mean the lost/stolen trick...

 In your self-serve account tab PLAN/ADD-ONS, report your phone lost/stolen. And you will be able to reactivate when you will come back. BUT if you have a plan which doesn't exist anymore or credits for example 10$ for 6 months...you will loose them.


I thought that I had read in other posts that using the lost/suspend option would allow OP to resume whatever plan he was current on at time of suspension once he reactivates even if it's no longer offered.  But if he changes to another plan, then OP would need to select from the options available.  Unless I'm mistaken of courseSmiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

Re: Options while traveling in Europe?


@dabr wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@mathilde17 wrote:

Hi I have a semi unreated question... I will be in France for 3 weeks and want to suspend my service for a month's duration while traveling but can't seem to find how to do that on my online profile..... I'll re-activtate it the following month when I'm back. Can someone please help?

Thanks!!


Ok do you mean the lost/stolen trick...

 In your self-serve account tab PLAN/ADD-ONS, report your phone lost/stolen. And you will be able to reactivate when you will come back. BUT if you have a plan which doesn't exist anymore or credits for example 10$ for 6 months...you will loose them.


I thought that I had read in other posts that using the lost/suspend option would allow OP to resume whatever plan he was current on at time of suspension once he reactivates even if it's no longer offered.  But if he changes to another plan, then OP would need to select from the options available.  Unless I'm mistaken of courseSmiley Happy


That's a good question....I don't know for sure what will happen with the lost/stolen trick...my mind is mixed now... @z10user4 can you answer?

Mayor / Maire

Re: Options while traveling in Europe?


@Lieux wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@mathilde17 wrote:

Hi I have a semi unreated question... I will be in France for 3 weeks and want to suspend my service for a month's duration while traveling but can't seem to find how to do that on my online profile..... I'll re-activtate it the following month when I'm back. Can someone please help?

Thanks!!


Ok do you mean the lost/stolen trick...

 In your self-serve account tab PLAN/ADD-ONS, report your phone lost/stolen. And you will be able to reactivate when you will come back. BUT if you have a plan which doesn't exist anymore or credits for example 10$ for 6 months...you will loose them.


I thought that I had read in other posts that using the lost/suspend option would allow OP to resume whatever plan he was current on at time of suspension once he reactivates even if it's no longer offered.  But if he changes to another plan, then OP would need to select from the options available.  Unless I'm mistaken of courseSmiley Happy


That's a good question....I don't know for sure what will happen with the lost/stolen trick...my mind is mixed now... @z10user4 can you answer?


 @Lieux: I think you're right with things like the $10 promo credit but iirc the base plan itself can be renewed during suspension. You don't lose that just because you're suspended.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Options while traveling in Europe?

@mathilde17  just for your info if you suspend your plan the clock keeps ticking on the balance of the month you have already paid for so depending upon the date you are going away you will lose that money anyway even if you suspend your plan that being said when reactivating your plan you open yourself up to a bunch of possible issues, so another option is going with the cheapest plan 10 bucks or 8 with autopay and at least you have service on your return just my opinion .Have a good trip

Mayor / Maire

Re: Options while traveling in Europe?


@RossN wrote:

@mathilde17  just for your info if you suspend your plan the clock keeps ticking on the balance of the month you have already paid for so depending upon the date you are going away you will lose that money anyway even if you suspend your plan that being said when reactivating your plan you open yourself up to a bunch of possible issues, so another option is going with the cheapest plan 10 bucks or 8 with autopay and at least you have service on your return just my opinion .Have a good trip


They're only gone for 3 weeks. They may not even need to do anything. Depends on the timing of departure/arrival. But you're right...there's no pausing the clock on an active term.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Options while traveling in Europe?

Yes your absolutley right but I would rather be safe then sorry, again depending of course how the billing cycle lines up

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Options while traveling in Europe?

Thanks all. So it is better to suspend my service then?

I am on a special 25 promo plan so am scared of losing the deal... and if I suspend then I won't need to pay the month I'm away?

 

This sounds more complicated than I thought, I thought there would be an easier way to suspend for a month.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Options while traveling in Europe?

@mathilde17 Whether it is better or not is up to you to make the value judgement. As for the plan you should be okay. It also depends on how convenient it is you want things, say when you arrive back at the airport and need to find a hotspot, login, unsuspend, probably need to wait, reboot the phone etc. Knowing PM it could be an adventure in itself. $25 on the scale of things is not much, I prefer convenience especially when I just got off a long flight from Europe.