cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options when going to Mexico?

sheepe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be travelling to Mexico. Is there any method for me to use my PM phone there? Any of the add-ons would work? 

I don't want to use any apps, I want to use my current number there. 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

if not using your number is not an issue, then you can look into freedompop and knowroaming.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@sheepe, its always cheaper to get a local sim card at the location.

You may be able to get one at the airport there.

As an alternative, you may want to download Fongo before leaving Canada, so that when you are there and if you need to make or recieve calls or texts from home (Canada), you can do so wherever Wifi is available.

Thanks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

As I always tell everyone, it is always best to shop locally when travelling.  In the case of Public Mobile, there is no choice in the matter anyway.  As for using the current phone number, I think it is this restrictiveness that has caused people to do less calling and use other forms of communication.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Unfortuantley you are out of luck if you want to use your number while you are travelling 

No option will aloow you to keep your phone number and have service. The add ons will not work, its only for USA. If you want cell service, you will need to buy a local sim from Mexcio, and use a number given to you from them, you will not be able to port your number over. 

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

from my own experience when i went to the states, i ended up using my data to speak with people using whatsapp. i dont know if there are any add ons for using it in mexico. 

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No unfortunately you're out of luck.

You're best bet is getting a simcard there or forwarding your number to an app number for your trip duration (TextNow/Fongo etc). 

Need Help? Let's chat.