cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ons (Long Distance)

pkkk44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there!

Yesterday I added the Internacional Long Distance minutes (400 min). Today I have been trying to call some numbers from my country, Spain. However, a man answers me saying that talks aren't in my current plan. Anyone can help me???

Thanks!

30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lindsaymadsen wrote:

I'm having the same issue.  I bought the 400 minute addon and the man comes on stating it's not included in my talk plan.  it shows up when I log in, so I know I have it.  Tried turning off my phone, that didn't work.  Setting my phone to lost/stolen seems ridiculous that that's the trick.  Is there a representative I can talk to, I'm not a new user.

And yes I'm dialing the number accurately.

Is that all calls? Or somewhere international? Or the states? Or elsewhere in Canada if on a province-wide plan?

lindsaymadsen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the same issue.  I bought the 400 minute addon and the man comes on stating it's not included in my talk plan.  it shows up when I log in, so I know I have it.  Tried turning off my phone, that didn't work.  Setting my phone to lost/stolen seems ridiculous that that's the trick.  Is there a representative I can talk to, I'm not a new user.

And yes I'm dialing the number accurately.

pkkk44

Ok! Thank you're all for everything!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pkkk44 wrote:

Do I have to select a comment as a solution??

You don't *have* to do anything. It's a nice way of saying to the thread and future readers that a particular post was the answer that worked. It kinda closes the thread as well. Although that's not really the purpose of it.

pkkk44

Do I have to select a comment as a solution??

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pkkk44 wrote:

Sorry for the exlamations, man haha, we talk in Spain in that way... I'm still used to the spanish way!

@pkkk44 we forgive you! 🙂 Robot LOL Glad you got it sorted out!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

pkkk44

Sorry for the exlamations, man haha, we talk in Spain in that way... I'm still used to the spanish way!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pkkk44 wrote:

Okkkkkkk, I got calling one friend and I talked with him! I only used the +34 prefix before the number as someone said to me. Thanks to all of you!!!!!!!! And sorry for my disastrous english haha!

Your English is far better than my Spanish. You did great. Thanks for your patience. Glad you got it sorted.

mimmo

@pkkk44  going on the assumption you are dialing a friend in Spain that has a  Spanish number.

When I call my Italian friends I dial +39xxxxxxx

For spain would be +34xxxxxx

Try calling this number its a Spanish car rental company     +34 966 36 03 60

pkkk44

Okkkkkkk, I got calling one friend and I talked with him! I only used the +34 prefix before the number as someone said to me. Thanks to all of you!!!!!!!! And sorry for my disastrous english haha!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pkkk44 wrote:

No!!!! I'm in Toronto and I'm trying to call people from Spain. That's why I got the 400 min Int on!!

Yes. I got that. No need to yell. What's not clear to me is if the people you are trying to call have numbers from Spain then you need to do all that dialing. If they have numbers from here then that's a different problem.

pkkk44

No!!!! I'm in Toronto and I'm trying to call people from Spain. That's why I got the 400 min Int on!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pkkk44 wrote:

The number I'm using for making the calls is a canadian number, so I don't understand when you say 'you first need to get out of your own country. ie. 011. Then you need to connect to the country code of whatever country you're trying to call'

Say what now?! I thought you trying to call someone in Spain? Why did you get the 400 minute add-on?

pkkk44

The number I'm using for making the calls is a canadian number, so I don't understand when you say 'you first need to get out of your own country. ie. 011. Then you need to connect to the country code of whatever country you're trying to call'

mimmo

I believe You can also dial +34 then the number instead of 011

@Anonymous  sorry I missed the part   that USA calling was included in the plan.  But concept still stands try calling another country and see if it connects

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pkkk44 wrote:

Hi! I was calling directly with the saved numbers from Spain, so those numbers don't have the +34 (this is the spanish prefix). I just try calling with the prefix and it seems that works (the beeps sound). The problem is that anybody from Spain is going to answer me at this (their) hour. It could be that the problem? Don't use the prefix?

For all international dialing, you first need to get out of your own country. ie. 011. Then you need to connect to the country code of whatever country you're trying to call. ie. 34 Then you get into the local area codes and prefixes etc.

Edit: The first + sign in front of the country code is another way of getting out of whatever country you're in. (sorry mimmo - I edited this and then saw your post)

The thought crossed my mind to remind you of the time difference but I thought "nah...he'll know that" 🙂

pkkk44

Hi! I was calling directly to the saved numbers from Spain, so those numbers don't have the +34 (this is the spanish prefix). I just tried calling with the prefix and it seems that works (the beeps sound). The problem is that nobody from Spain is going to answer me at this (their) hour. It could be that the problem? Not to use the prefix?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pkkk44 wrote:

Ok, I'll try it. Just a little doubt. Do I have to activate data roaming or something similar? It's currently with the option never.

No. Not data.

srlawren may be on to it. Make sure you're dialing the number fully correctly.

srlawren

@pkkk44 wrote:

Ok, I'll try it. Just a little doubt. Do I have to activate data roaming or something similar? It's currently with the option never.

@pkkk44 no you don't.  Just dial using the format in the link I provided and you *should* be good to go.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

pkkk44

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@pkkk44  are you dialing the number correctly   that message sometimes appears when the number entered is incorrect.  Try calling a USA tel number that will help identify if the addon is working corretly.

If it is not then you could try the lost stolen trick. Click. Plans and addons then lost stolen toggle the lost stolen mode for 5 mins. 

He said he has the Can/US plan.

mimmo

@pkkk44  are you dialing the number correctly   that message sometimes appears when the number entered is incorrect.  Try calling a USA tel number that will help identify if the addon is working corretly.

If it is not then you could try the lost stolen trick. Click. Plans and addons then lost stolen toggle the lost stolen mode for 5 mins. 

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

@pkkk44 wrote:

Anything! I have restarted the phone and it doesn't work. It is still appearing the same guy telling my that talk is not in my current plan.

Two more things to try. We'll start with this one.

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

@pkkk44 are you dilaing the Spanish number like this?  https://www.howtocallabroad.com/results.php?callfrom=canada&callto=spain

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pkkk44 wrote:

Anything! I have restarted the phone and it doesn't work. It is still appearing the same guy telling my that talk is not in my current plan.

Two more things to try. We'll start with this one.

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

pkkk44

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pkkk44 wrote:

Hi,

I have checked it. In my box of plans and ons, I can see:

400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)            0  /  400 MIN
8.5GB at 3G Speed                                                       285.856  /  8704 MB

I have also verified that my monthly plan includes: Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US.

I don't know if you need to receive any notification by messaging when you get an on. In my case, I got yesterday and I haven't received any message saying me that I get the on. But in my plan account appears like actived.

Try restarting the phone.

pkkk44

No! I'm currently in Canada. I have been trying to make the calls from Toronto

pkkk44

Hi,

I have checked it. In my box of plans and ons, I can see:

400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)            0  /  400 MIN
8.5GB at 3G Speed                                                       285.856  /  8704 MB

I have also verified that my monthly plan includes: Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US.

I don't know if you need to receive any notification by messaging when you get an on. In my case, I got yesterday and I haven't received any message saying me that I get the on. But in my plan account appears like actived.

SD08

@pkkk44 wrote:

Hi there!

Yesterday I added the Internacional Long Distance minutes (400 min). Today I have been trying to call some numbers from my country, Spain. However, a man answers me saying that talks aren't in my current plan. Anyone can help me???

Thanks!

Just to clarify, you mean calling from Spain?  The 400 mins international long distance add-on is only for use when you are IN Canada. PM only has roaming for the US, not other countries.  For that you would need a local SIM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pkkk44 wrote:

Hi there!

Thanks!

Do you still see the amount that you paid in, in your Available Funds?

Do you see the 400 minutes lower down on your overview page?

Do you have a Talk component in your base plan?

Edit: And is your Account Status Active?

Need Help? Let's chat.