cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On LTE plan and calls are on 3G (bad signal/disconnects)

dennism
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m on a LTE plan for many years and just recently all my calls are switching over to 3G.  The calls are havevvery poor signal connections with distorted voices and calls are disconnected many time. Just driving home today and I was disconnected 4 times. 

Please help! 

10 REPLIES 10

@slash407 wrote:

that doesnt mean its a PM problem, it could be so many things. Alot of people have 10 thousand apps running in the background and pay no mind to that, And they have them on auto update which would wreak havoc on ur signal if ur in a call. Do u have data over voice disabled too? that would help too. 

If ur near the lake, that would be bad with any carrier or basement. It could also be the person on the other line and not you. I was talking to someone with chatr once and in 10 minutes the same thing happend to me and trust me it was from there end, constant drops

I doubt that anything you have posted here is true or relevant to the issue. Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Dmpope
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in Newfoundland and have had no issues with the service better than Rogers network no dropped calls no out of service areas in fact I have 3G plan but have LTE network service all the time depends on the area but with Telus network should have service most areas In my opinion Equal or better service for less money but I agree with most having no customer service to call sucks 

black-knight

So has anyone at Telus/koodo/public want to help clear up this mess. 

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@imm1304 wrote:

Hey @dennism ,

The calls are always on the 3g network.

To make calls over the LTE network, PM will need to enable the VoLTE (Voice over LTE) feature that Telus has been slow to roll out to PM. 

Until Telus enables this feature, your phone will switch to the 3G network everytime you make or receive a call. 

The poor call quality you are experiencing recently is likely due to something else and deserves a closer look 

Agreed - I don't believe that PM has VoLTE or WIFI calling enabled.... both would be nice though :).

^^ Hint hint PM peeps ^^

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Someone_here wrote:

Seems to happen to many people today...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/First-full-day-on-Public-Mobile-service-4-...

@Someone_here funny, usually I see talk of network issues and it never affects me, but today I got affected.  Was trying to talk with my better half and we got disconnected 3 or 4 times during the discussion and had to keep calling each other back (she's on PM, my line is on Koodo)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yep, surprising for sure. My wife was on a long distance call with her sister (Newfoundland to Ontario) and was disconnected 4 times, each after about 10 minutes. We blamed it on her sister's Bluetooth connection in her car! Will be following this thread.

GC 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is rather surprising/unusual.  The only way that LTE data performs better than a call is that the local area is poorly covered by bands 2 and 5, but band 4 is good.  Very unusal.  That said, having a call in customer service will not alleviate this issue.  Customer service cannot fix a coverage issue, at most provide verbal consolation.  The Telus and Koodo brands while offering VoLTE is only available select phones.

black-knight

Calls are dropping like crazy today  4 different lines on Public mobile 📱 dropping. Cant do anything since there is no customer service people. This community thing does not work. Especially for seniors. I guess Telus wants this in order to flip us to their premium carriers. I don't like it. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @dennism ,

The calls are always on the 3g network.

To make calls over the LTE network, PM will need to enable the VoLTE (Voice over LTE) feature that Telus has been slow to roll out to PM. 

Until Telus enables this feature, your phone will switch to the 3G network everytime you make or receive a call. 

The poor call quality you are experiencing recently is likely due to something else and deserves a closer look 

Need Help? Let's chat.