cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Re: Old question - but still not clear re $10 plan

@Tsawwassen 

Keep in mind if you are letting the $10 plan go that someone else might want it (since you cant get a $10 plan now) or you can change it to the $15 plan to get more features though you would lose the 4G speed of data add-ons then. I really don’t notice any difference in 3G/4G speed anyway with what I do online. If you have had the $10 plan the longest you may have a referral on it for your $25 plan and possibly a loyalty reward too (1 year or longer with PM) all reducing its cost to you and lost if you let it expire.

AE_Collector (in Coquitlam and still hoping to travel through Tsawwassen a bit more frequently en-route to Point Roberts soon! ... AND one of the few members of the community who can SPELL Tsawwassen without having to look at how you spelled it!) 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tsawwassen 

The $10 plan does have only 50 outgoing SMS texts. However many members would snap up that plan if you were offer it up rather than let it deactivate....for the 4G data alone. If you are a low usage customer adding the $5/500 min add on will help supplement it. 

I have both the $10 and the $15 plan that I use to supplement each other. I've been asked why not just have the unlimited $25 plan? ( Well they are both $0 now....) But you also get to double up your autopay and loyalty rewards ( so after 5 years $10+$15=$25-$14($7+$7)=$11 vs $25-$7=$18) plus you double up the freebie gifts from pm so currently both my accounts have the following:

1. 1gb data add on..."more the merrier" 2019
  2. 400 internatiional long distance minutes "mtm" 2019
  3. 5gb data add on (Shaw response gift for bc/alberta customers) 2020
  4. 1000 canada-wide minutes (Shaw) 2020
  5. 2gb data add on...."mtm" 2020
  6. 500 international long distance minutes "mtm" 2020

My $10 plan created a month before the $15 plan also has the 1gb data add on gift from August 2019.

Don't worry about the current $15 plan only having province-wide calling...it only affects the included 100 outgoing minutes all of your incoming is world-wide. The $5/500min calling add on is Canada-wide, as are the freebies ( either included with the international calling add ons or other add on gifts) and you could dedicate the $10 plans calling to only outgoing (canada-wide) and I believe you can call forward it to the $15 plan for free ( @Nezgar ...correct?) And there is always the fongo calling app that can be used both on wifi and mobile data (1 min uses 0.5mb so 250mb=500 min.)

Keep that $10 plan! If not I'll take it! Or many, many others would as well.....

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

I believe you can call forward it to the $15 plan for free ( @Nezgar ...correct?)

"Unconditional" call forwarding (using *21) will consume minutes on the $10 plan.

"Conditional" call forwarding (using *61, *62, *67, or *004 for all 3 combined) does *NOT* use minutes (as evidenced by leaving voicemail messages NOT consuming minutes on the $10 plan).

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar 

Thank you! I knew there were some specifics that you could answer before I could find them....

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Tsawwassen   So your original question has already been more than adequately answered.  

I'd also advise on keeping that $10 plan since it's no longer available.  As pointed out you're probably already getting the autopay discount as well as loyalty rewards at the minimum on it so basically a very cheap plan which also qualifies for all the freebie gifts PM offers all customers.

Our household have two of those plans plus the $15 (recently discontinued one) as well.  Two accounts are always active but the third account ($10) is mostly used for visiting family/friends and so is suspended the rest of the time which reduces the costs for that plan to less than $25/year.   So you could keep it as a spare for emergency use and just let it suspend when not needed, remembering, of course, to make a payment around the 85th day to stop it from becoming deactivated altogether for lack of payment.

Edit:  small clarification, the account has to be active (not suspended) to get any of the freebie gifts from PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.