cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tsawwassen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Old question - but still not clear re $10 plan

My old $10 plan is about to be deleted/deactivated. The only reason I went to a $25 plan is because of the $10 plans limited outgoing texts.

However just noticed that it states 50 only outgoing international texts ----- does this mean that it has unlimited Canada wide texts? Cut and pasting from my account page.

• this plan includes: -
  • - 50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts

Accepted Solutions
Dunkman
Oracle

Re: Old question - but still not clear re $10 plan

@Tsawwassen 

Only 50 outgoing texts (including Canada and International).  

Unfortunately, no texting add ons.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Tsawwassen wrote:

My old $10 plan is about to be deleted/deactivated. The only reason I went to a $25 plan is because of the $10 plans limited outgoing texts.

However just noticed that it states 50 only outgoing international texts ----- does this mean that it has unlimited Canada wide texts? Cut and pasting from my account page.

@Tsawwassen 

The $25 plans includes - Unlimited Canada AND WORLD-WIDE outgoing and incoming texts.

🙂

As long as you are IN Canada, that is.

But, what you copied and pasted was that from your $10 plan??

Tsawwassen

@esjliv wrote:

@Tsawwassen wrote:

@Tsawwassen 

The $25 plans includes - Unlimited Canada AND WORLD-WIDE outgoing and incoming texts.

🙂

As long as you are IN Canada, that is.

But, what you copied and pasted was that from your $10 plan??

Hi and thanks for quick response -- but you missed my question - as stated I do have a $25 as well as a $10 plan that soon will be deactivated - The $10 plan has advantages over the $25 plan in that has fasted data at 4G however it's drawback is the limited free texts  - My question is because it states 50 international texts does that mean unlimited Canada wide texting?

Dunkman
Oracle

@Tsawwassen 

View solution in original post

Tsawwassen

@Dunkman wrote:

@Tsawwassen 

That's what I suspected - just hate to let this plan die because of it's faster 4G data speeds ( I hope I"m correct on the 4G) . I suppose one can use iMassaging between iPhone users.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Tsawwassen 

It's a tough decision, for sure.

One thing to keep in mind is that Public Mobile's current plan offerings for plans with Canada wide long distance may expire at any time.

All current plans also include unlimited international texting.

Their plans may increase by $5 at a moment's notice as they have been on hold-over pricing for the last six or seven weeks.

Tsawwassen

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Tsawwassen 

It's a tough decision, for sure.

One thing to keep in mind is that Public Mobile's current plan offerings for plans with Canada wide long distance may expire at any time.

All current plans also include unlimited international texting.

Their plans may increase by $5 at a moment's notice as they have been on hold-over pricing for the last six or seven weeks.

Expire? I didn't think they could modify the contract - unless of course there is fine print somewhere allowing them to do so. My wife has a grandmothered Bell plan for many years that hasn't changed.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Tsawwassen 

If someone's currently on one of the Canada wide plans, the pricing will stay the same as one is grandfathered.

It's for new customers looking to get in on the plans that they will be subject to the higher pricing once the $5 off special expires. 

Even with grandfathered plans, however, any mobile provider may amend plan prices, with 30 days written notice. (unless there's some contract which prohibits this in effect)

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

It appears to me that the OP is looking for clarification if their $10 plan has unlimited texting and only 50 international texts. If texting is unlimited on $10 plan then the OP would NOT change to the $25 plan. Not sure why OP would not consider the $15 plan but I imagine the OP wants Canada Wide. 

Just a second note PM will loose customers and stop new customers from joining because of the new $15 plan with NO Canada Wide calling. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk 

Totally agree with your statement:

"Just a second note PM will lose customers and stop new customers from joining because of the new $15 plan with NO Canada Wide calling. "

Need Help? Let's chat.