cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old and dead threads

Whylo66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I'm newer to the community and have a simple question. I have been looking through topics and reading threads that I can use information from. Through my readings I've come across some threads that are from 2015 etc.. as well as threads that have been inactive for quite some time. So my question is, is there any way of having these threads removed also giving newer members the opportunity to make a post reguarding questions and issues they may be experiencing? Just a thought and strictly out of curiosity.

thanks 

9 REPLIES 9

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

An archive or comment lock on old threads would be nice. It seems like some newer or less tech savvy customers seem to revive old threads and confuse the situation even further.

Luddite, I thnk you're billingual?  Or, is this Google Translate giving you a hand? I would imagine that you would have to be to be able to know which to use.

@Lieux wrote:

Ok @Luddite supposed to is too hard???? Obligate is better in english???

"Supposed to" is closer to "must do" rather "preferable to". Generally in the forums offering advice is better given gently I think. 

So "il est préférable de" is better than "vous êtes censé".

All of the above is my opinion, not a forum rule. All the "official" rules are here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Use-the-Public-Mobile-Community...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Ok @Luddite supposed to is too hard???? Obligate is better in english???

Oh, and bye the bye, please leave all the old threads that's where Martin (may he RIP) and I get most of our bravos! Robot LOL It's hard to keep up with all the young blood around here now, especially when I need so much time for my other hobby:

william windmills.jpeg

@Lieux wrote:

And @Whylo66 you are always welcome to begin a new post anytime!!Smiley Happy You are not supposed to ask a question in an old post...

Well, not so much "supposed to", it's just better to begin your own thread.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

And @Whylo66 you are always welcome to begin a new post anytime!!Smiley Happy You are not supposed  to ask a question in an old post...EDITED...it's preferable to not ask your question in an old post....thanks @Luddite Smiley Wink

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Whylo66  welcome, I had the same or similar question once when i joined in 2016.  I even asked about merging similar threads.  

the quick answer is the forum is not set up this way. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Some of the old threads are still relevant, and new members can always post questions. If you want to look at the newest posts look at Latest Posts about half way down the main community page, they are sorted by newest to oldest.
Need Help? Let's chat.