Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Oh my God 'Crazy New Add on $5 for 500 minutes Canada Wide

@dabr wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

So are you saying, after your plan minutes are depleted this new add on won't be used first for Canada wide minutes, but instead the US/Canada minutes are getting deducted?  That would be a bit concerning.  Maybe there needs to be a tweek to this new add-on to allow for Canadian calls to be utilized first.

That's exactly what I'm saying. So...someone needs to buy the 500 minutes, use their 50, use a couple of the 500, renew their plan, buy the 200 minutes, use their 50...see what gets hit next.

It might simply be order of purchase. Dunno.

I would be fine with it the other way around now after the fact...if I were to use up the 200 and let it start in on the 500 then buy the 200 again for US calling but call Canada and see what happens. If it kept taking from the 500 then I would be fine with that except what happens after I use up the 500. Smiley Happy

Maybe PM just needs to retire the 200 mins for US/Canada now with the new add-on being a much cheaper option for supplemental Canadian calling compared to the 200 mins anyhow.  The 400 minute add-on works for US calling too so not really necessary for the duplication, other than maybe a smaller bucket of mins for people who don't want to pay $15?

@dabrI agree with you but think they should take it one step further, maybe put less stress on the programmers.

Add-ons should be changed as follows:

• Canada Only
  • Us Only (Remove Canada)
  •  International Only (Remove Canada and US)

@geopublic wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

So are you saying, after your plan minutes are depleted this new add on won't be used first for Canada wide minutes, but instead the US/Canada minutes are getting deducted?  That would be a bit concerning.  Maybe there needs to be a tweek to this new add-on to allow for Canadian calls to be utilized first.

That's exactly what I'm saying. So...someone needs to buy the 500 minutes, use their 50, use a couple of the 500, renew their plan, buy the 200 minutes, use their 50...see what gets hit next.

It might simply be order of purchase. Dunno.

I would be fine with it the other way around now after the fact...if I were to use up the 200 and let it start in on the 500 then buy the 200 again for US calling but call Canada and see what happens. If it kept taking from the 500 then I would be fine with that except what happens after I use up the 500. Smiley Happy

Maybe PM just needs to retire the 200 mins for US/Canada now with the new add-on being a much cheaper option for supplemental Canadian calling compared to the 200 mins anyhow.  The 400 minute add-on works for US calling too so not really necessary for the duplication, other than maybe a smaller bucket of mins for people who don't want to pay $15?

@dabrI agree with you but think they should take it one step further, maybe put less stress on the programmers.

• Canada Only

Agree! That would really makes everything so much simpler. 

Mayor / Maire

• Canada Only

I don't really want to have to buy two (or three if on provincial calling plan) different add-ons... I am fine with one that does everything (the when the need shows up), even if it is a little more expensive (the 400 minutes/$15 one) Smiley Wink 

I have nothing against the new Canada only add-on, but just to say I don't think the US and the international add-ons should exclude other cheaper options!

Mayor / Maire

Over here @pm-smayer97. surreyboz managed to stumble across it and started this thread.

I picked up one immediately.

@Someone_here wrote:

• Canada Only

I don't really want to have to buy two (or three if on provincial calling plan) different add-ons... I am fine with one that does everything (the when the need shows up), even if it is a little more expensive (the 400 minutes/$15 one) Smiley Wink 

I have nothing against the new Canada only add-on, but just to say I don't think the US and the international add-ons should exclude other cheaper options!

Ideally there only needs to be two options, one for Canadian and one for international, but I'm guessing $15/400 mins might be considered too expensive for some users need.  There's never going to be a perfect option, but I'm really happy with the current add-ons which are quite inexpensive.

@dabr wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

• Canada Only

Ideally there only needs to be two options, one for Canadian and one for international, but I'm guessing $15/400 mins might be considered too expensive for some users need.  There's never going to be a perfect option, but I'm really happy with the current add-ons which are quite inexpensive.

@dabr  The Canada only add-on is a requirement for those who are on limited or Province wide talk plans.

@geopublic wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

• Canada Only

@dabr  The Canada only add-on is a requirement for those who are on limited or Province wide talk plans.

I did say that PM could offer one add-on for Canada wide minutes (new add-on) and one for international minutes.  But really I'm not too bothered either way so long as people aren't confused between the US/Canada minutes and Canada only minutes Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@z10user4

This is the reply I received.  If you had different experience please report to @Julia_T

It does not matter what order you've added the add-ons. 

If you have all 3 LD talk add-ons and call within Canada, the order which minutes will be depleted from will be: rate plan allotment (if possible), Canada-wide, then Canada-US, then International.

@mimmo: and everybody really...I received a lovely reply back from Julia_T that they say they have fixed the issue. I just renewed so I won't be testing it anytime soon. But they say it should make more sense as to the order of consumption now. Plan minutes, 500, 200, 400.

I didn't have the 400 but it DID go to the 200. It should have gone to the 500. So now it should. Rock and roll.

Thanks Julia_T.

@z10user4 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@z10user4

This is the reply I received.  If you had different experience please report to @Julia_T

It does not matter what order you've added the add-ons. 

If you have all 3 LD talk add-ons and call within Canada, the order which minutes will be depleted from will be: rate plan allotment (if possible), Canada-wide, then Canada-US, then International.

@mimmo: and everybody really...I received a lovely reply back from Julia_T that they say they have fixed the issue. I just renewed so I won't be testing it anytime soon. But they say it should make more sense as to the order of consumption now. Plan minutes, 500, 200, 400.

I didn't have the 400 but it DID go to the 200. It should have gone to the 500. So now it should. Rock and roll.

Thanks Julia_T.

Nice to hear it got sorted, hopefully they credited back all your minutes too, and that PM techs have fixed the glitchSmiley Happy

Public Mobile

@dabr  @fanfan @Someone_here @geopublic Our technical teams have been working hard on this issue and I'm glad to let you know that a fix has been put in place. Starting today, when calling somewhere in Canada, minutes are used in the right order - first from a customer's rate plan (if relevant), then Canada-wide addon, then CAN-US addon, and then INTL addon

Thanks all for the feedback!