cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Oh my God 'Crazy New Add on $5 for 500 minutes Canada Wide

@z10user4 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

So are you saying, after your plan minutes are depleted this new add on won't be used first for Canada wide minutes, but instead the US/Canada minutes are getting deducted?  That would be a bit concerning.  Maybe there needs to be a tweek to this new add-on to allow for Canadian calls to be utilized first.

That's exactly what I'm saying. So...someone needs to buy the 500 minutes, use their 50, use a couple of the 500, renew their plan, buy the 200 minutes, use their 50...see what gets hit next.

It might simply be order of purchase. Dunno.

I would be fine with it the other way around now after the fact...if I were to use up the 200 and let it start in on the 500 then buy the 200 again for US calling but call Canada and see what happens. If it kept taking from the 500 then I would be fine with that except what happens after I use up the 500. Smiley Happy

Maybe PM just needs to retire the 200 mins for US/Canada now with the new add-on being a much cheaper option for supplemental Canadian calling compared to the 200 mins anyhow.  The 400 minute add-on works for US calling too so not really necessary for the duplication, other than maybe a smaller bucket of mins for people who don't want to pay $15?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@z10user4 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

So are you saying, after your plan minutes are depleted this new add on won't be used first for Canada wide minutes, but instead the US/Canada minutes are getting deducted?  That would be a bit concerning.  Maybe there needs to be a tweek to this new add-on to allow for Canadian calls to be utilized first.

That's exactly what I'm saying. So...someone needs to buy the 500 minutes, use their 50, use a couple of the 500, renew their plan, buy the 200 minutes, use their 50...see what gets hit next.

I would be fine with it the other way around now after the fact...if I were to use up the 200 and let it start in on the 500 then buy the 200 again for US calling but call Canada and see what happens. If it kept taking from the 500 then I would be fine with that except what happens after I use up the 500. Smiley Happy

I think one more suggestion to add on your procedure above to help add some clarity. 

This is for someone who is on the $10 - 50 min plan and Has NO current add ons.

Step 1 : Buy the new $5 - 500 min Canada-wide minutes add on first. 

Step 2 : Buy the $8 - 200 long distance Canada/USA minute add on.

Step 3 :  Use up all your remaining $10 - 50 minutes. 

Step 4 :  Make a local call and see what bucket the minutes are deducted from

Step 5 : Make a long distance call to somewhere in Canada and see which bucket is deducted. 

Step 6 :  Make a call to the USA and see what bucket the minutes are deducted from

If the USA call goes thru and minutes deducted from $5 - 500 min bucket, then you discovered to good glitch. 

@fanfan wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

I think one more suggestion to add on your procedure above to help add some clarity. 

Step 5 : Make a long distance call to somewhere in Canada and see which bucket is deducted. 

Step 6 :  Make a call to the USA and see what bucket the minutes are deducted from

If the USA call goes thru and minutes deducted from $5 - 500 min bucket, then you discovered to good glitch. 

Good suggestion! Hopefully, someone might be able to follow these steps and report what they see.

Mayor / Maire

@fanfan wrote:

Step 4:

Except the $10 plan is Canada-wide so there's no such thing as a local call. Even just for the province-wide, a traditional land line local call is irrelevant when calling the province.

Step 5:

Canada-wide...it's not long distance.

I've had my 200 minute add-on since September. I'm not going to cook through it just to test. Smiley Happy

This might be good for my parents. They have unlimited province wide (the old $20 plan), when I travel for work, they can't always reach me. Adding this would fix that and be cheaper than upgrading them to the $25 plan. (I don't travel that often where I am out of their calling range, only a few times per year).

Mayor / Maire

@Psygineer wrote:

This might be good for my parents. They have unlimited province wide (the old $20 plan), when I travel for work, they can't always reach me. Adding this would fix that and be cheaper than upgrading them to the $25 plan. (I don't travel that often where I am out of their calling range, only a few times per year).

Heck Spy...save them 5 bucks and drop them down to the $15 plan and that add-on and they'd be rockin'. And some data for goofin' around.

Oracle

@Psygineer wrote:

@Psygineer  I dont understand the issue here.  are you saying they would say call your hotel which is in another province?  if they are calling your cellphone it should  not matter where in canada it is your parents would always be calling local number.

@mimmo wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

@Psygineer  I dont understand the issue here.  are you saying they would say call your hotel which is in another province?  if they are calling your cellphone it should  not matter where in canada it is your parents would always be calling local number.

Call my cell. When I was in Winnipeg last (as an example) which is outside of their province, they were unable to call me on their Province wide plan. They were given the canned message of it being outside of their package and they needed an addon. My Area code and theirs is Ontario based.

@z10user4 wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

Heck Spy...save them 5 bucks and drop them down to the $15 plan and that add-on and they'd be rockin'. And some data for goofin' around.

That's tempting, but with the $20 unliminted province wide plan being gone, I'd be concerned my mother would burn too many minutes. She sometimes talks to her sister for over an hour at a time. I'd be unable to go back to the old plan. Mind you it would still be cheaper if I only had to add the addon once every other month.

@Psygineer wrote:

That's tempting, but with the $20 unliminted province wide plan being gone, I'd be concerned my mother would burn too many minutes. She sometimes talks to her sister for over an hour at a time. I'd be unable to go back to the old plan. Mind you it would still be cheaper if I only had to add the addon once every other month.

You can still get the $20 unlimited province wide talk with NO text and no data if you go through the build your own plan method. I did that the other day for a friend.

Nice