cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh my God 'Crazy New Add on $5 for 500 minutes Canada Wide

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just bought myself 4 of the $5 for 500 Canada Wide Minutes New Add on = 2000 minutes that don't expire. I am Excited. Screenshot_20190601_054634_com.android.chrome.jpg

42 REPLIES 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

We'll see next if and when I use the 50 where it comes out of. So someone else needs to observe things until then. 🙂

@Julia_T and the thread:

To update...I can attest that this now goes to the 500 minute add-on instead of the 200. I've used the 50 and it carried over to the 500 for Canadian calls.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous

This is the reply I received.  If you had different experience please report to @Julia_T

It does not matter what order you've added the add-ons. 

If you have all 3 LD talk add-ons and call within Canada, the order which minutes will be depleted from will be: rate plan allotment (if possible), Canada-wide, then Canada-US, then International.

@mimmo: and everybody really...I received a lovely reply back from Julia_T that they say they have fixed the issue. I just renewed so I won't be testing it anytime soon. But they say it should make more sense as to the order of consumption now. Plan minutes, 500, 200, 400.

I didn't have the 400 but it DID go to the 200. It should have gone to the 500. So now it should. Rock and roll.

Thanks Julia_T.

Nice to hear it got sorted, hopefully they credited back all your minutes too, and that PM techs have fixed the glitch:)

They didn't adjust any minutes but it's not that much to make a deal about it. There was one cross over call that finished the 50 and then went over to the 200 and then the rest came out of the 200. I mostly made a bunch of useless little test calls and such that maybe come to another 10 minutes maybe. I don't need them examining my call history THAT much 🙂

They gave me a system issue credit and then re-installed the 500.

We'll see next if and when I use the 50 where it comes out of. So someone else needs to observe things until then. 🙂

I'll reserve petty little dickering for when it's not petty.

@Julia_T  Great to hear that this has been resolved. Thanks for letting us know.

Julia_T
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dabr  @fanfan @Someone_here @geopublic Our technical teams have been working hard on this issue and I'm glad to let you know that a fix has been put in place. Starting today, when calling somewhere in Canada, minutes are used in the right order - first from a customer's rate plan (if relevant), then Canada-wide addon, then CAN-US addon, and then INTL addon

Thanks all for the feedback!

@Anonymous wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous

This is the reply I received.  If you had different experience please report to @Julia_T

If you have all 3 LD talk add-ons and call within Canada, the order which minutes will be depleted from will be: rate plan allotment (if possible), Canada-wide, then Canada-US, then International.

@mimmo: and everybody really...I received a lovely reply back from Julia_T that they say they have fixed the issue. I just renewed so I won't be testing it anytime soon. But they say it should make more sense as to the order of consumption now. Plan minutes, 500, 200, 400.

I didn't have the 400 but it DID go to the 200. It should have gone to the 500. So now it should. Rock and roll.

Thanks Julia_T.

Nice to hear it got sorted, hopefully they credited back all your minutes too, and that PM techs have fixed the glitch:)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous

Thanks Julia_T.

@geopublic wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

@dabrI agree with you but think they should take it one step further, maybe put less stress on the programmers.

Add-ons should be changed as follows:

• Canada Only
  • Us Only (Remove Canada)
  •  International Only (Remove Canada and US)

Agree! That would really makes everything so much simpler. 

I don't really want to have to buy two (or three if on provincial calling plan) different add-ons... I am fine with one that does everything (the when the need shows up), even if it is a little more expensive (the 400 minutes/$15 one) 😉 

I have nothing against the new Canada only add-on, but just to say I don't think the US and the international add-ons should exclude other cheaper options!

Ideally there only needs to be two options, one for Canadian and one for international, but I'm guessing $15/400 mins might be considered too expensive for some users need.  There's never going to be a perfect option, but I'm really happy with the current add-ons which are quite inexpensive.

@dabr  The Canada only add-on is a requirement for those who are on limited or Province wide talk plans.

I did say that PM could offer one add-on for Canada wide minutes (new add-on) and one for international minutes.  But really I'm not too bothered either way so long as people aren't confused between the US/Canada minutes and Canada only minutes 🙂

@dabr wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

@dabrI agree with you but think they should take it one step further, maybe put less stress on the programmers.

• Canada Only

I don't really want to have to buy two (or three if on provincial calling plan) different add-ons... I am fine with one that does everything (the when the need shows up), even if it is a little more expensive (the 400 minutes/$15 one) 😉 

I have nothing against the new Canada only add-on, but just to say I don't think the US and the international add-ons should exclude other cheaper options!

Ideally there only needs to be two options, one for Canadian and one for international, but I'm guessing $15/400 mins might be considered too expensive for some users need.  There's never going to be a perfect option, but I'm really happy with the current add-ons which are quite inexpensive.

@dabr  The Canada only add-on is a requirement for those who are on limited or Province wide talk plans.

@Someone_here wrote:

• Canada Only

Anonymous
Not applicable

Over here @pm-smayer97. surreyboz managed to stumble across it and started this thread.

I picked up one immediately.

• Canada Only

@geopublic wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

So are you saying, after your plan minutes are depleted this new add on won't be used first for Canada wide minutes, but instead the US/Canada minutes are getting deducted?  That would be a bit concerning.  Maybe there needs to be a tweek to this new add-on to allow for Canadian calls to be utilized first.

That's exactly what I'm saying. So...someone needs to buy the 500 minutes, use their 50, use a couple of the 500, renew their plan, buy the 200 minutes, use their 50...see what gets hit next.

It might simply be order of purchase. Dunno.

I would be fine with it the other way around now after the fact...if I were to use up the 200 and let it start in on the 500 then buy the 200 again for US calling but call Canada and see what happens. If it kept taking from the 500 then I would be fine with that except what happens after I use up the 500. 🙂

Maybe PM just needs to retire the 200 mins for US/Canada now with the new add-on being a much cheaper option for supplemental Canadian calling compared to the 200 mins anyhow.  The 400 minute add-on works for US calling too so not really necessary for the duplication, other than maybe a smaller bucket of mins for people who don't want to pay $15?

• Canada Only

@dabr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

So are you saying, after your plan minutes are depleted this new add on won't be used first for Canada wide minutes, but instead the US/Canada minutes are getting deducted?  That would be a bit concerning.  Maybe there needs to be a tweek to this new add-on to allow for Canadian calls to be utilized first.

That's exactly what I'm saying. So...someone needs to buy the 500 minutes, use their 50, use a couple of the 500, renew their plan, buy the 200 minutes, use their 50...see what gets hit next.

It might simply be order of purchase. Dunno.

I would be fine with it the other way around now after the fact...if I were to use up the 200 and let it start in on the 500 then buy the 200 again for US calling but call Canada and see what happens. If it kept taking from the 500 then I would be fine with that except what happens after I use up the 500. 🙂

Maybe PM just needs to retire the 200 mins for US/Canada now with the new add-on being a much cheaper option for supplemental Canadian calling compared to the 200 mins anyhow.  The 400 minute add-on works for US calling too so not really necessary for the duplication, other than maybe a smaller bucket of mins for people who don't want to pay $15?

• Canada Only

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Julia_t was the one who replied to my question. That was why I mentioned her. If you have experience that differ from what she said reply to her.  

@Psygineer wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

This might be good for my parents. They have unlimited province wide (the old $20 plan), when I travel for work, they can't always reach me. Adding this would fix that and be cheaper than upgrading them to the $25 plan. (I don't travel that often where I am out of their calling range, only a few times per year).

@Psygineer  I dont understand the issue here.  are you saying they would say call your hotel which is in another province?  if they are calling your cellphone it should  not matter where in canada it is your parents would always be calling local number.

Call my cell. When I was in Winnipeg last (as an example) which is outside of their province, they were unable to call me on their Province wide plan. They were given the canned message of it being outside of their package and they needed an addon. My Area code and theirs is Ontario based.

This shouldn'd happen...

See this image from PM: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167?lightbox...

If it does it again next time maybe worth contacting the mods so they give it a look.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous

That's good to know, although I believe @Anonymous  saw the deduction from his US/Canada minutes first?

I did have a different experience and have mentioned it all to Julia_T. I also tested an outgoing to Canada and it took from the 200.

It doesn't make any sense if the Canada minutes are to be taken first.  Hopefully, you'll hear back soon to explain why that's not happenning. 

As many of us are aware, there are several quirks in the system around here :). Some go our way. This one does not.

I gave you the Bravo but thanks for asking them @mimmo.

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous

That's good to know, although I believe @Anonymous  saw the deduction from his US/Canada minutes first?

I did have a different experience and have mentioned it all to Julia_T. I also tested an outgoing to Canada and it took from the 200.

It doesn't make any sense if the Canada minutes are to be taken first.  Hopefully, you'll hear back soon to explain why that's not happenning. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous

I did have a different experience and have reported it to Julia_T. I also tested an outgoing to Canada and it took from the 200.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous

MandyJ

@dabr wrote:

@MandyJ wrote:

Question: I get that add-on "leftovers" transfer into the next month until they are used up, but do they stick around if you switch to a different plan? I was considering buying some for down the road when I might need them 'just in case', but since I have no actual need for them right now, I wouldn't want to buy them just to lose them later if I switch to a different plan.

Yes they're not connected to the plan but your account.

Awesome, great to know. Thanks!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MandyJ wrote:

Question: I get that add-on "leftovers" transfer into the next month until they are used up, but do they stick around if you switch to a different plan? I was considering buying some for down the road when I might need them 'just in case', but since I have no actual need for them right now, I wouldn't want to buy them just to lose them later if I switch to a different plan.

Yes they stay because they're not connected to the plan but your account.

MandyJ

Question: I get that add-on "leftovers" transfer into the next month until they are used up, but do they stick around if you switch to a different plan? I was considering buying this addon for down the road when I might need them 'just in case', but since I have no actual need for them right now, I wouldn't want to buy it just to lose it later if I switch to a different plan.

mimmo

@Anonymous

Tiptopssss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nice

fanfan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Psygineer wrote:

That's tempting, but with the $20 unliminted province wide plan being gone, I'd be concerned my mother would burn too many minutes. She sometimes talks to her sister for over an hour at a time. I'd be unable to go back to the old plan. Mind you it would still be cheaper if I only had to add the addon once every other month.

You can still get the $20 unlimited province wide talk with NO text and no data if you go through the build your own plan method. I did that the other day for a friend.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

This might be good for my parents. They have unlimited province wide (the old $20 plan), when I travel for work, they can't always reach me. Adding this would fix that and be cheaper than upgrading them to the $25 plan. (I don't travel that often where I am out of their calling range, only a few times per year).

@Psygineer  I dont understand the issue here.  are you saying they would say call your hotel which is in another province?  if they are calling your cellphone it should  not matter where in canada it is your parents would always be calling local number.

Call my cell. When I was in Winnipeg last (as an example) which is outside of their province, they were unable to call me on their Province wide plan. They were given the canned message of it being outside of their package and they needed an addon. My Area code and theirs is Ontario based.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

Heck Spy...save them 5 bucks and drop them down to the $15 plan and that add-on and they'd be rockin'. And some data for goofin' around.

That's tempting, but with the $20 unliminted province wide plan being gone, I'd be concerned my mother would burn too many minutes. She sometimes talks to her sister for over an hour at a time. I'd be unable to go back to the old plan. Mind you it would still be cheaper if I only had to add the addon once every other month.

mimmo

@Psygineer wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Psygineer wrote:

Heck Spy...save them 5 bucks and drop them down to the $15 plan and that add-on and they'd be rockin'. And some data for goofin' around.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fanfan wrote:

I think one more suggestion to add on your procedure above to help add some clarity. 

This is for someone who is on the $10 - 50 min plan and Has NO current add ons.

Step 1 : Buy the new $5 - 500 min Canada-wide minutes add on first. 

Step 2 : Buy the $8 - 200 long distance Canada/USA minute add on.

Step 3 :  Use up all your remaining $10 - 50 minutes. 

Step 4 :  Make a local call and see what bucket the minutes are deducted from

Step 5 : Make a long distance call to somewhere in Canada and see which bucket is deducted. 

Step 6 :  Make a call to the USA and see what bucket the minutes are deducted from

If the USA call goes thru and minutes deducted from $5 - 500 min bucket, then you discovered to good glitch. 

Step 4:

Except the $10 plan is Canada-wide so there's no such thing as a local call. Even just for the province-wide, a traditional land line local call is irrelevant when calling the province.

Step 5:

Canada-wide...it's not long distance.

I've had my 200 minute add-on since September. I'm not going to cook through it just to test. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.