cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Oh my God 'Crazy New Add on $5 for 500 minutes Canada Wide

@z10user4

This is the reply I received.  If you had different experience please report to @Julia_T

It does not matter what order you've added the add-ons. 

If you have all 3 LD talk add-ons and call within Canada, the order which minutes will be depleted from will be: rate plan allotment (if possible), Canada-wide, then Canada-US, then International.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Question: I get that add-on "leftovers" transfer into the next month until they are used up, but do they stick around if you switch to a different plan? I was considering buying this addon for down the road when I might need them 'just in case', but since I have no actual need for them right now, I wouldn't want to buy it just to lose it later if I switch to a different plan.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@MandyJ wrote:

Question: I get that add-on "leftovers" transfer into the next month until they are used up, but do they stick around if you switch to a different plan? I was considering buying some for down the road when I might need them 'just in case', but since I have no actual need for them right now, I wouldn't want to buy them just to lose them later if I switch to a different plan.

Yes they stay because they're not connected to the plan but your account.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dabr wrote:

@MandyJ wrote:

Question: I get that add-on "leftovers" transfer into the next month until they are used up, but do they stick around if you switch to a different plan? I was considering buying some for down the road when I might need them 'just in case', but since I have no actual need for them right now, I wouldn't want to buy them just to lose them later if I switch to a different plan.

Yes they're not connected to the plan but your account.

Awesome, great to know. Thanks!

Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@z10user4

This is the reply I received.  If you had different experience please report to @Julia_T

If you have all 3 LD talk add-ons and call within Canada, the order which minutes will be depleted from will be: rate plan allotment (if possible), Canada-wide, then Canada-US, then International.

That's good to know, although I believe @z10user4  saw the deduction from his US/Canada minutes first?

Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@z10user4

That's good to know, although I believe @z10user4  saw the deduction from his US/Canada minutes first?

I did have a different experience and have reported it to Julia_T. I also tested an outgoing to Canada and it took from the 200.

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@z10user4

I did have a different experience and have mentioned it all to Julia_T. I also tested an outgoing to Canada and it took from the 200.

It doesn't make any sense if the Canada minutes are to be taken first.  Hopefully, you'll hear back soon to explain why that's not happenning. 

Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@z10user4

I did have a different experience and have mentioned it all to Julia_T. I also tested an outgoing to Canada and it took from the 200.

It doesn't make any sense if the Canada minutes are to be taken first.  Hopefully, you'll hear back soon to explain why that's not happenning. 

As many of us are aware, there are several quirks in the system around here Smiley Happy. Some go our way. This one does not.

I gave you the Bravo but thanks for asking them @mimmo.

Mayor / Maire

@Psygineer wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

This might be good for my parents. They have unlimited province wide (the old $20 plan), when I travel for work, they can't always reach me. Adding this would fix that and be cheaper than upgrading them to the $25 plan. (I don't travel that often where I am out of their calling range, only a few times per year).

@Psygineer  I dont understand the issue here.  are you saying they would say call your hotel which is in another province?  if they are calling your cellphone it should  not matter where in canada it is your parents would always be calling local number.

Call my cell. When I was in Winnipeg last (as an example) which is outside of their province, they were unable to call me on their Province wide plan. They were given the canned message of it being outside of their package and they needed an addon. My Area code and theirs is Ontario based.

This shouldn'd happen...

See this image from PM: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167?lightbox...

If it does it again next time maybe worth contacting the mods so they give it a look.

Oracle

Julia_t was the one who replied to my question. That was why I mentioned her. If you have experience that differ from what she said reply to her.