cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh my God 'Crazy New Add on $5 for 500 minutes Canada Wide

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just bought myself 4 of the $5 for 500 Canada Wide Minutes New Add on = 2000 minutes that don't expire. I am Excited. Screenshot_20190601_054634_com.android.chrome.jpg

42 REPLIES 42

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@fanfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

So are you saying, after your plan minutes are depleted this new add on won't be used first for Canada wide minutes, but instead the US/Canada minutes are getting deducted?  That would be a bit concerning.  Maybe there needs to be a tweek to this new add-on to allow for Canadian calls to be utilized first.

That's exactly what I'm saying. So...someone needs to buy the 500 minutes, use their 50, use a couple of the 500, renew their plan, buy the 200 minutes, use their 50...see what gets hit next.

It might simply be order of purchase. Dunno.

I would be fine with it the other way around now after the fact...if I were to use up the 200 and let it start in on the 500 then buy the 200 again for US calling but call Canada and see what happens. If it kept taking from the 500 then I would be fine with that except what happens after I use up the 500. 🙂

I think one more suggestion to add on your procedure above to help add some clarity. 

This is for someone who is on the $10 - 50 min plan and Has NO current add ons.

Step 1 : Buy the new $5 - 500 min Canada-wide minutes add on first. 

Step 2 : Buy the $8 - 200 long distance Canada/USA minute add on.

Step 3 :  Use up all your remaining $10 - 50 minutes. 

Step 4 :  Make a local call and see what bucket the minutes are deducted from

Step 5 : Make a long distance call to somewhere in Canada and see which bucket is deducted. 

Step 6 :  Make a call to the USA and see what bucket the minutes are deducted from

If the USA call goes thru and minutes deducted from $5 - 500 min bucket, then you discovered to good glitch. 

Good suggestion! Hopefully, someone might be able to follow these steps and report what they see.

fanfan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

So are you saying, after your plan minutes are depleted this new add on won't be used first for Canada wide minutes, but instead the US/Canada minutes are getting deducted?  That would be a bit concerning.  Maybe there needs to be a tweek to this new add-on to allow for Canadian calls to be utilized first.

That's exactly what I'm saying. So...someone needs to buy the 500 minutes, use their 50, use a couple of the 500, renew their plan, buy the 200 minutes, use their 50...see what gets hit next.

I would be fine with it the other way around now after the fact...if I were to use up the 200 and let it start in on the 500 then buy the 200 again for US calling but call Canada and see what happens. If it kept taking from the 500 then I would be fine with that except what happens after I use up the 500. 🙂

I think one more suggestion to add on your procedure above to help add some clarity. 

This is for someone who is on the $10 - 50 min plan and Has NO current add ons.

Step 1 : Buy the new $5 - 500 min Canada-wide minutes add on first. 

Step 2 : Buy the $8 - 200 long distance Canada/USA minute add on.

Step 3 :  Use up all your remaining $10 - 50 minutes. 

Step 4 :  Make a local call and see what bucket the minutes are deducted from

Step 5 : Make a long distance call to somewhere in Canada and see which bucket is deducted. 

Step 6 :  Make a call to the USA and see what bucket the minutes are deducted from

If the USA call goes thru and minutes deducted from $5 - 500 min bucket, then you discovered to good glitch. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Maybe PM just needs to retire the 200 mins for US/Canada now with the new add-on being a much cheaper option for supplemental Canadian calling compared to the 200 mins anyhow.  The 400 minute add-on works for US calling too so not really necessary for the duplication, other than maybe a smaller bucket of mins for people who don't want to pay $15?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

Great addon for the $10 plan.  About what addon it uses first, I don't see the PM system sophisticated enough to determine which is the better addon to use

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@surreyboz wrote:

I just bought myself 4 of the $5 for 500 Canada Wide Minutes New Add on = 2000 minutes that don't expire. I am Excited. 

Nice find. Interesting that it's not in the plans area but IS in the purchase area. I looked first and thought yeah nice joke. Then went to the purchase area and there it was. I bought 1. I wonder how long it'll be there or whether it's now a permanent fixture. Now if only they could do the same with a texting add-on. 🙂

I still have 200 minutes from last September...I wonder which add-on will get hit first.

Thanks

Replying to myself...I just took a call that consumed my remaining 50 minutes and it didn't touch the 500 minutes I just bought earlier. It used the older 200 minutes. Hmm. Not sure I like that. I also restarted the phone and did a test and it took from the 200. Maybe it's setup to use the first add-on added. I guess we'll see with other reports.

SomeFriend

Probably not happening but wouldn’t it be nice if Public Mobile let us redeem our old Long Distance addons that we purchased before this came, as people needed to exceed their included minute usage and had to use those for local calling?

Let us redeem them back for account credits at 100 minutes each and get $3.75/$4 back or something 🙂

Probably won’t happen but would be an amazing move if they did and I wouldn’t ever move carriers if I know they will go the extra mile for us.  😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@surreyboz wrote:

I just bought myself 4 of the $5 for 500 Canada Wide Minutes New Add on = 2000 minutes that don't expire. I am Excited. 

Nice find. Interesting that it's not in the plans area but IS in the purchase area. I looked first and thought yeah nice joke. Then went to the purchase area and there it was. I bought 1. I wonder how long it'll be there or whether it's now a permanent fixture. Now if only they could do the same with a texting add-on. 🙂

I still have 200 minutes from last September...I wonder which add-on will get hit first.

Thanks

Replying to myself...I just took a call that consumed my remaining 50 minutes and it didn't touch the 500 minutes I just bought earlier. It used the older 200 minutes. Hmm. Not sure I like that. I also restarted the phone and did a test and it took from the 200. Maybe it's setup to use the first add-on added. I guess we'll see with other reports.

Lar

@surreyboz  Thank you for posting this deal.  I took a minute got this addon. Makes a nice addition to me 50/50 plan.   Cheers

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Great add-on.  Where was this back in the day when the focus was on province wide calling plans.  It's been quite a while since the switch to promos with Canada wide calling.  I hate to say bad things about deals, but this one seems a day late for sure, perhaps not a dollar short though.  Smiley Indifferent

Anonymous
Not applicable

@surreyboz wrote:

Thanks

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nice find! Thanks for letting us know. I'm happy that PM is offering more and more competitive plan and add-on rates! Keeping my fingers crossed for a more flexible US roaming add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.