cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ON Aug 27 I got a "FREE" 1 GB of Data. It seems to have taken the rest of my Data away?

gfraser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I got a text about this free GB of data.  I have used all that data but I did not get my regular data for the cycle. There is no way I've used 2.5 GB of Data.  But there is no Data listed on my Add ons any more.  I did recieve Texts about using 95% of my Data but that was the "FREE" 1 GB of data not my regular add on when I would check it in the Selfserve webpage.  I currently do not have any Data. My phone keeps switching between LTE & 4 GB but I do not get any data service currently? 

How do I get the 1.5 GB of data I paid for back until my next cycle in Nov??

productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Showing-some-love-to-our-customers-with-1-GB-of...

12 REPLIES 12

blessme4k
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you so much! Good thing I don't abuse my data 🙂

krzcnck

@blessme4k wrote:

The promotion 1GB of Data, is it a one time thing? Or if I use it all up, i'll get it back again next month?

the 1 gb of data was just a one time thing, once you use it all up its gone

blessme4k

The promotion 1GB of Data, is it a one time thing? Or if I use it all up, i'll get it back again next month?

gfraser

Thanks for the Tip my Friend

gfraser

Thank you for the Tip!

@gfraser If you"ve used up all of your free data, that means that Public Mobile believes that you used up the other 1.5GB long ago.  The free bonus data is not supposed to get used until your plan data has been used. How much does your phone say that you've used?  Be sure to set the cycle for your phone's counter to start when your plan renewed.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gfraser  Check the data usage on your phone just make sure the starting date matches your last renewal date. How much data have you used up? You should be able to determine fairly quickly if you used up your data or not from the number your phone reports.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@gfraser 

Click this link. https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/viewUsageChangePlan/

Set the dates to be your last renew date and today's date, and click usage history.

Find your first data / WEB entry and click Call Type until WEB comes to the top. Go through the pages using the numbers at the bottom. Count the data used since your last renewal. This should give you a strong indication that your data got used or just didn't reset.

Here's my first page:

screenshot-selfserve.publicmobile.ca-2019.10.16-14_31_24.png

gfraser

No I am not convinced. thanks for the tip

gfraser

There is nothing there to look at,  last time I looked I had used most of the "FREE" GB and that was all it showed.  It DID NOT show any of my actual Plan data? 2019-10-16_13-56-14.jpg

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Data usage is rarely wrong, except on plan renewal when the system sometimes does not reset properly. If you cannot see any data plan under Data & add-ons in your self serve account you have indeed (likely) used it all. Check your phone information for which app are using it.

Still not convinced, then you must contact the moderators for assistance. To get a ticket:

1. click the ? on the lower right of this page,

2. enter "ticket",

3. click "Contact us",

4. click "Submit ticket",

5. login manually if your username/password are not filled in,

6. click the drop down menu (in the white area),

7. pick the topic that fits your issue and follow the directions to submit it,

8. If none of the topics are correct click Other/Something Else until you reach the blank form

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

To start, log into your self serve and look at your data usage. If it doesn't add up, it is possible that your data did not reset at your last renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.