cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Transfer from an Inactive Account

ModsHelpPhone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm moving to a different cell provider for now, and I know my account needs to be active in order to transfer my current number. Unfortunately I've mistimed the overlap, and won't be able to activate and transfer the number for a couple days, while my plan here ends today. I read somewhere that my account will remain here for 30 days after my plan ends, and I'm wondering if that counts as 'active' for the purposes of a number transfer.

Keeping my current number is important to me, and I would appreciate the help before tomorrow! If my theory above is not correct I would be willing to pay for a short amount of service to extend my number here during the overlap.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@peterkirby wrote:

My number has already been suspended thanks to a failed auto bill. how do I reactivate the number for the purpose of moving away from public mobile without paying $186?

I do not seem to be able to activate with $10 plan as suggested above.

@peterkirby because it's already supsended, you will need help from the moderator_team to reactivate on the $10 plan.  Your timing is unfortunate since they are currently extremely backlogged due to the same system issue causing havoc with renewals.  You can contact them using the info below, but do note that the wait time to hear back will be longer than typical.  Please try to be patient.

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

peterkirby

I just seems like my phone number is being held hostage

peterkirby

My number has already been suspended thanks to a failed auto bill. how do I reactivate the number for the purpose of moving away from public mobile without paying $186?

I do not seem to be able to activate with $10 plan as suggested above.

Capture.PNG

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ModsHelpPhone

You number will be suspended on missing payment on renewal date.

I don't think you can port your number out while your number is suspended.

You can change your plan to the $10 plan to keep it active for porting.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ModsHelpPhone wrote:

I'm moving to a different cell provider for now, and I know my account needs to be active in order to transfer my current number. Unfortunately I've mistimed the overlap, and won't be able to activate and transfer the number for a couple days, while my plan here ends today. I read somewhere that my account will remain here for 30 days after my plan ends, and I'm wondering if that counts as 'active' for the purposes of a number transfer.

Keeping my current number is important to me, and I would appreciate the help before tomorrow! If my theory above is not correct I would be willing to pay for a short amount of service to extend my number here during the overlap.

Thanks

So your phone isn't active during that time but it gets suspended and keeps your number for 90 days.  So before you port out you will need to activate it again.  The best plan to do that would be to get teh $10/30 day plan.  If your plan has expired you will need to put enough money into your account here and have the Moderators change it for you.  If your plan is still active you can go in and change the plan now or future date it and if you have autopay set up it will switch automatically

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.