cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting...

Barryere
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

Recently, over easter weekend, I ported my Fongo number over to PM. However, while my SIM reads that I indeed have my Fongo number I can still log into my Fongo account and see that it is there as well, and calls/texts still are answered through the Fongo app - while I can call and send texts with my PM SIM, I cannot receive either other than on the Fongo app.

I realize that this is likely something to take up with Fongo but I thought I'd try here first.

According to Fongo FAQ, all VoIP lines are considered Landlines (if that helps any), and another note is that Fongo claims once the port is complete the Fongo account will be terminated.

8 REPLIES 8

Barryere

@Anonymous wrote:

@Barryere wrote:

About 10 minutes ago, I received word of voicemail on my phone and it was PM or was it?

The phone call sounded genuine but I'm honestly not 100% sure. One reason it seems "off" to me is that I took my PM sim card out of my phone and put it in another and then put my Fido sim in the phone I had my PM sim in... Only then did I see the phone tell me I had voicemail, and FIDO asked me for my access code not PM.

The male voice said my name and that I was trying to port my Fongo number over to PM but that there were some complications such as my address being uncertain.

Assuming that this call is genuine I did send the mod team a message about my address and name as confirmation.

Did you port from Fido or Fongo?

If Fongo, why would Fido ask you anything? If Fido, why would they say anything about Fongo?

I wouldn't trust it.

Curious that you got it on your Fido SIM. Was that SIM in a different phone and on but no notification of a vm?

All good questions, and I'm trying to port my Fongo number to PM.

My only guess is that the APN settings on my phone were set to PM while I put my Fido sim in the phone and then switched profiles to Fido.

But it all seems very fishy to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Barryere wrote:

About 10 minutes ago, I received word of voicemail on my phone and it was PM or was it?

The phone call sounded genuine but I'm honestly not 100% sure. One reason it seems "off" to me is that I took my PM sim card out of my phone and put it in another and then put my Fido sim in the phone I had my PM sim in... Only then did I see the phone tell me I had voicemail, and FIDO asked me for my access code not PM.

The male voice said my name and that I was trying to port my Fongo number over to PM but that there were some complications such as my address being uncertain.

Assuming that this call is genuine I did send the mod team a message about my address and name as confirmation.

Did you port from Fido or Fongo?

If Fongo, why would Fido ask you anything? If Fido, why would they say anything about Fongo?

I wouldn't trust it.

Curious that you got it on your Fido SIM. Was that SIM in a different phone and on but no notification of a vm?

Barryere

Gregmt

I would not worry just yet. Landline and VOIP numbers take considerablly longer than cell to cell ports. Typically the VOIP ports take a week to 2 weeks to complete. 

Cheers 

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Landlines and voip phone numbers can take considerably longer to transfer to a mobile phone company.  Other than the increased amount of transfer time, the process isn't that different.

emad

It looks to be an uncompleted port, You should contact the moderator team.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

It sounds like a stuck port.  You'll want to contact the moderator_team via private message.  The envelope in the top right corner is your path to doing this.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Barryere wrote:

Hi,

Recently, over easter weekend, I ported my Fongo number over to PM. However, while my SIM reads that I indeed have my Fongo number I can still log into my Fongo account and see that it is there as well, and calls/texts still are answered through the Fongo app - while I can call and send texts with my PM SIM, I cannot receive either other than on the Fongo app.

I realize that this is likely something to take up with Fongo but I thought I'd try here first.

According to Fongo FAQ, all VoIP lines are considered Landlines (if that helps any), and another note is that Fongo claims once the port is complete the Fongo account will be terminated.

Sounds like the port has not been completed yet. VOIP lines take a long time up to two weeks to complete.

Need Help? Let's chat.