cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Now that both Lucky and Chatr have unlimited data, when do you think Public will get this?

Lucky... 128kbps/64kbps upload/download

Chatr... 64kbps/64kbps 

Freedom... 128kbps/64kbps 3G (only in Freedom Zones), 256kbps/128kbps LTE (only in Freedom Zones)

Telus, Bell, Rogers... 256kbps/256kbps (most areas) or 512kbps/256kbps (some areas) 

Koodo, Virgin, Fido, Public... no "unlimited" "endless" "infinite" data offered

Public simply isnt competing with its competitors (Lucky and Chatr). Nor does Lucky need to offer more, it's already ahead of its competitors (Public and Chatr), it doesn't want to cannibalize or de-value Bell/Virgin.

Freedom is the outlier... it can be a good deal if you (and the people you call) are in the Zone, it's a lousy option (or not an option at all) outside the Zone. And it turns out that Freedom Zones are always the same areas that Telus, Bell, and Rogers prioritize for hardware deployments. 

Re: Now that both Lucky and Chatr have unlimited data, when do you think Public will get this?

I think you're all hoping for something they will not do.

too many issues to fix before getting uselessly slow unlimited data.

if you want unlimited data, go somewhere else.

I buy a plan that is right for me, or bigger.  Right now, I use less than half my 90 day allotment of 12 GB.  I also pay less than $10 every 90 days.

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

You mean Saskatchewan!

SaskTel provides 2Mbps/1Mbps (that's 2000kbps/1000kbps, about 879MB per hour, over 20GB per day) in "unlimited" data. Not "uselessly slow" when you consider throttled "3G" is only 3000kbps.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Anything from @Moderator_Team on this? 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Both my parents are on pm $25 plan. One always goes over from messaging on WeChat and WhatsApp. I'm really close on moving her over to lucky 

I just want to hear if we're getting this or not. I don't like how silent PM has been on this issue and I hope it's addressed because it will be a deciding factor for a lot of people. 

@MitchRuns wrote:

I just want to hear if we're getting this or not. I don't like how silent PM has been on this issue and I hope it's addressed because it will be a deciding factor for a lot of people. 

@MitchRuns I personally don't think we are getting this feature. If PM wanted to react to Lucky they would have done it by now. I am plannin to wait until end of this year to see if there are any new offers from PM and others and take a decision. I am not sure if 'many' people want this feature, but for my specific use case it would be just perfect.

@stonechucker wrote:

I think you're all hoping for something they will not do.

too many issues to fix before getting uselessly slow unlimited data.

I buy a plan that is right for me, or bigger.  Right now, I use less than half my 90 day allotment of 12 GB.  I also pay less than $10 every 90 days.

You don't need to flex how much you spend on your phone bill. You don't see others flexing how they don't roam around these forums all day for discounts/PM credits/golden star because they want to live their life, but I digress.

128 Kbps is good for -

1. Messaging apps like Discord and Telegram. 

2. Occasional Google search

3. Google Maps look-up (granted your area is saved locally)

etc.

Though Public Mobile doesn't need to offer unlimited data as the discounts/PM credits are a good alternative. Would be nice though. I use Discord with friends, would be nice to always be connected.

@maheshboloor wrote:

@MitchRuns wrote:

@MitchRuns I personally don't think we are getting this feature. If PM wanted to react to Lucky they would have done it by now. I am plannin to wait until end of this year to see if there are any new offers from PM and others and take a decision. I am not sure if 'many' people want this feature, but for my specific use case it would be just perfect.

Yeah... Lucky is looking more and more like a better option for me every day.

I realize that most people do have home internet service.  However, since Public Mobile customer support is online only, running out of data means that customers have to use a different internet connection to get customer service. At the very least, I believe that Self Serve and Community data use should be zero rated.