cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Now that both Lucky and Chatr have unlimited data, when do you think Public will get this?

It's actually gotten to the point where - if "unlimited" Data at 128kbps is good enough for your audio/etc - it's worth paying $15 or so for minimum Lucky/Freedom service (plus any Data Service Passes and Data Add-ons you like) on a second SIM card. A precarious situation for Public, just half a step away from moving completely over to the competition - they must already choose between losing customers and losing profits, or they must choose some kind of competitive new pricing structure, and the longer they delay the more they lose. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Now that both Lucky and Chatr have unlimited data, when do you think Public will get this?

At that point, though, wouldn't it be better to just switch over to Lucky? 

@jor123 It is. I guess I am too lazy to get a sim and do the whole porting thing..lol. a friend suggested to wait until end of this year to see if PM will come up with something. I will probably move to Lucky then. Apart from this particular feature, PM has been great with auto pay and 1 referral discount.

Yeah, I hope we see something soon. I've been considering moving as well. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@maheshboloor wrote:

@jor123 It is. I guess I am too lazy to get a sim and do the whole porting thing..lol. a friend suggested to wait until end of this year to see if PM will come up with something. I will probably move to Lucky then. Apart from this particular feature, PM has been great with auto pay and 1 referral discount.

Same, that's why I lowered PM to next to nothing just to keep it alive while I wait for them to catch up. If they can't be bothered, they'll eventually lose me indefinitely, but I really like them and want to stay with them.

PS: I've noticed that Lucky rounds data to 1KB but Public rounds data to 10KB... This may impact how much data you actually get either way.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well, now that the $10/$10 referral promo is over and the $10 plan is gonzo, maybe they can focus some resources on this.

Or maybe even a response one way or the other.

unconfirmed reports that Lucky may have increased the throttled speed up to 512kbps. 

Stay tuned

@smp99 I just checked their website and it still says 128 kbps. If they are upping the speed to 512 kbps, it's a no brainer for me to switch to Lucky. Let's see if this is actually true. @PM mods, can you  acknowledge tht Lucky is actually upping their game and tht you are not throwing your hat in the ring?

Mayor / Maire

@smp99 wrote:

unconfirmed reports that Lucky may have increased the throttled speed up to 512kbps. 

Stay tuned

Stay tuned to what? Provide links to your "unconfirmed reports" if you want anybody to believe you. 

@Korth wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

Stay tuned

Stay tuned to what? Provide links to your "unconfirmed reports" if you want anybody to believe you. 

Yeah - likely not true. It looks like the person who told me may have not fully understood what they were saying