cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Now that both Lucky and Chatr have unlimited data, when do you think Public will get this?

I think they'll catch up pretty quick! When Public gets wind that their competitors are doing better they usually up their game lol 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Now that both Lucky and Chatr have unlimited data, when do you think Public will get this?

@torontokris wrote:

Only the 250mb 100 minute plan for $15 does not mention the speeds.

Anyone use the Bell 128kbps... is it actually 128 or is it Chatr style where it says your going to get xyz but never get it.

$25 for 1GB unlimited canada wide calling & throttled data unlimited after is really good

Stop comparing Chatr with PM, Chatr Data doesn't work most of the time time because it runs on the congested slow 3G network of Rogers.  I have 6GB plan for $35 and could barely use any because it ridiculously slow. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@chukdefatey wrote:

@torontokris wrote:

Anyone use the Bell 128kbps... is it actually 128 or is it Chatr style where it says your going to get xyz but never get it.

$25 for 1GB unlimited canada wide calling & throttled data unlimited after is really good

Stop comparing Chatr with PM, Chatr Data doesn't work most of the time time because it runs on the congested slow 3G network of Rogers.  I have 6GB plan for $35 and could barely use any because it ridiculously slow. 

I was with PM originally but went with ChatR and was big mistake. Data didn't always work. More so when it was neer r the most. Biggest mistake ever made. Came back to PM and much happier. What drew me back was the new Canada US plan 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@torontokris wrote:

@chukdefateyas you can see above, @torontokris wrote comparing Lucky ("Bell") to Chatr... The 128 Kbps is Lucky Mobile. The same network. So while you may hate the Chatr network for being so congested, Lucky Mobile/Bell and Public Mobile/Telus use the same towers. It's fair to say Public should follow suit imo, more so because Lucky is doing this than Chatr, but either way their 2 biggest competitors now have Unlimited overage in some form, so it'll be interesting to see Public's response to this.

@geopublic 

@torontokris wrote:

@torontokris I agree the Lucky $25 plan looks pretty good with the latest data offering. 🤗

I was thinking the same thing. Smiley Happy

Commenting here just to get this post to show up on discussion again. Its been over a month now and PM has not reacted yet. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Still no update from Public Mobile.

Commenting again to have this post to show up on the top. I can't believe PM hasn't responded to Lucky mobile with the throttled unlimited data after plan data is used up.

While we are at it, lucky mobile has 2gb data add on for 15$. Although it's monthly only and expires at the end of the current cycle. But PM's 1gb add on is 30$. Thats 4 times costlier than Lucky. I agree there is a plus that the data doesn't expire but I personally think the price shud come down to atleast 20$ for 1 gb (or even 15$).

GR
Mayor / Maire

With all the rewards that we can acquire with public mobile I'm still more than happy to stay here!  I have a plan that's got enough data for me and I never go over  so with the rewards it's cheaper than lucky/chatr 

@GR wrote:

With all the rewards that we can acquire with public mobile I'm still more than happy to stay here!  I have a plan that's got enough data for me and I never go over  so with the rewards it's cheaper than lucky/chatr 

Ofcourse. But different users have different scenarios. Infact I am on the 5gb plan and that is usually enough for me. But this cycle I am left with only 300 mb for the next 4 days. I know for sure I'll use up the data with my regular usage in a day or two. Now if I had throttled data after my usage I could still be connected to my friends n family via messaging apps I use (wich uses data) rather than not being connected to internet for the remaining 2 days or resorting to buyin an expensive data add on.

Also we are not askin PM to give us a feature which is unreasonable. Almost all other carriers have adopted the unlimited throttled data here in Canada.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have suggested in the past that PM could make unlimited available to only $40 plans and over. People would already have large data buckets and many do not ever come close, so I don't think many would actually dip into the extra data.