cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Now that both Lucky and Chatr have unlimited data, when do you think Public will get this?

@THEnewfie wrote:

I've settled on the 2 sim solution. I've got a phone that takes 2 sims.. and I have a plan with both lucky and public mobile. Its definitely working great for me. Less than 50$ a month and I've got TWO numbers on 2 different networks (so I can't complain about Telus vs Bell lol).. and unlimited data usage to boot.. I don't see any problems with that 😎🤷

@THEnewfie nothing wrong with it at all.  I also rock dual SIMs, using a Fido tablet plan in my second SIM to augment my data as needed.  There is one annoying thing about this that won't bother everyone but does bother me: most dual-SIM phones are Dual-Standby Dual-SIM (DSDS).  This means that only one can be active for data at a time.  So let's say in your scenario you've run out of PM data and switched your active data SIM to the Lucky slot.  If you get a call on your PM SIM, your phone is without data for the duration.  Again this won't bother everyone, but the main person that calls me is my significant other, and more often than not there's something I need to look up while we're talking (I take 99% of my calls either over bluetooth or speakerphone, so my phone is free to use while talking) and I'm stymied by having my Fido SIM as active for data but the call came in via my primary SIM.  Kind of annoying.  First world problems!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Now that both Lucky and Chatr have unlimited data, when do you think Public will get this?

@THEnewfie wrote:

No problem .. it may be sacrilegious to say such things in these parts... May even sound dumb to some folks.. But I've settled on the 2 sim solution. I've got a phone that takes 2 sims.. and I have a plan with both lucky and public mobile. Its definitely working great for me. Less than 50$ a month and I've got TWO numbers on 2 different networks (so I can't complain about Telus vs Bell lol).. and unlimited data usage to boot.. I don't see any problems with that 😎🤷

Why not switch completely to a plan with Lucky?i don't see the benefit of paying for two to get the benefit of unlimited data with the second.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@jor123  ..it was just that I needed 2 numbers anyways. So I figured I'd try both out. I'll probably switch 100% to all PM numbers and data if they ever bust out on that unlimited data like the competition. When the playing field is leveled in such a way, PM will be the clear winner for my situation. 

@srlawren wrote:

@THEnewfie wrote:

I've settled on the 2 sim solution. I've got a phone that takes 2 sims.. and I have a plan with both lucky and public mobile. Its definitely working great for me. Less than 50$ a month and I've got TWO numbers on 2 different networks (so I can't complain about Telus vs Bell lol).. and unlimited data usage to boot.. I don't see any problems with that 😎🤷

@THEnewfie nothing wrong with it at all.  I also rock dual SIMs, using a Fido tablet plan in my second SIM to augment my data as needed.  There is one annoying thing about this that won't bother everyone but does bother me: most dual-SIM phones are Dual-Standby Dual-SIM (DSDS).  This means that only one can be active for data at a time.  So let's say in your scenario you've run out of PM data and switched your active data SIM to the Lucky slot.  If you get a call on your PM SIM, your phone is without data for the duration.  Again this won't bother everyone, but the main person that calls me is my significant other, and more often than not there's something I need to look up while we're talking (I take 99% of my calls either over bluetooth or speakerphone, so my phone is free to use while talking) and I'm stymied by having my Fido SIM as active for data but the call came in via my primary SIM.  Kind of annoying.  First world problems!

Hi @srlawren 

One thing to consider maybe is to forward the calls when unreachable to either TextNow or fongo number. Fongo is well behaved in this matter as it lets you shut it off when you don't need it, so it's on only when you turn it on, while others are always restarting in background

Mayor / Maire

@totalUser wrote:

One thing to consider maybe is to forward the calls when unreachable to either TextNow or fongo number. Fongo is well behaved in this matter as it lets you shut it off when you don't need it, so it's on only when you turn it on, while others are always restarting in background

@totalUser thanks for the suggestion!  To be honest, I rarely ever use the Fido SIM, it's mostly for a handful of areas where I have no reception on the Telus network, and for the occasional hotspot usage where I don't want to eat up my main plan data. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@THEnewfie wrote:

@jor123  ..it was just that I needed 2 numbers anyways. So I figured I'd try both out. I'll probably switch 100% to all PM numbers and data if they ever bust out on that unlimited data like the competition. When the playing field is leveled in such a way, PM will be the clear winner for my situation. 

Yeah I agree.. I want to stay with PM but I've been considering a switch to Lucky for the unlimited throttled data. Fido/Chatr isn't much of an option in St. John's and Eastlink pricing is just as bad or worse so it's really between Lucky and PM.