cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noticed that the LTE 4G Data Plans have disappeared from the Plans section

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I hope PM will eventually revive the LTE 4G Plans

Also, as 5G is beginning to take form, hoping PM will at least take some of the advantages of the LTE 4G so not to lag behind

3G is not going to stay forever, so really hoping PM will offer eventually VoLTE, and other stuff as well over time

22 REPLIES 22

ok, so, lucky mobile is offering the $40/5gb plan still.. plus added the $45/6.5gb i hope publics new promo plans are going to be good...

Moderator:

"taking into consideration that the next super promos will come soon taking into consideration that the Black Friday/ Cyber Monday/ Christmas period is so close."

@makkahn28 wrote:

@ShawnC13 , though PM did away with 90 day

Would be nice IF PM had at least a wider variety of plans

The current batch so obtuse

really wished PM could allow people to at least build their own plans, even if not 90 day, would still be great to have variety to choose from

There is a decent variety of base plans and a plefora of decent add-ons to modify your plan to suit your needs. Also you can prepay for 30,60,90 or any other amount of days in advance if you like.  If you are looking for a spoon fed plan....I don't think you will find it any where and more so NOT in the prepaid category. 

@popping I agree 💯. whats the point of having full LTE speed if you're not going to put it to good use... streaming 4k videos and download apps. those are the only 2 advantages over throttled and if you would like a little more download speed you can easily switch to HSPA+ for streaming etc. 

if one really needs the full LTE speed the higher tiers are already offering them with higher amounts of data. so from a business standpoint why would they even bother. why would they want pm to beat out Telus or Koodo. it doesn't make sense. 

around 2025 is when the HSPA+ will start being phased out. I think it be sooner though. they want that sim card vaccine in your body lol and they need 5g to do it

@BeachNBeer 

Your crow pic is almost as @CFPartDeux crow meme.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Who is going to use mobile phone to download a huge file on a plan with 1GB data per 30 days?

I think the PM LTE capped 3Mbps is the best compromise between cost and user experience.  We still get the LTE low latency 5ms to 10ms quick response independent of whether PM capped our speed to 3Mbps or not.  Therefore, we can use it for VoIP calls, watch a 720p video and quick turn around time when I select a link on my browse.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Listen to @darlicious  

crow.jpg

@makkahn28 

So you consider the current available plans annoyingly insensitive and slow to understand? Or public mobile in regards to some of its customers wants or needs? Pm has simplified the choice of plans vs building your own but only that they don't offer 3gb (special offer only), 4gb, 6gb and 7gb and 9gb+plans (some special offer plans up to 12gb exist.)  But most people find these now fulfill their needs. Sure it would be nice to have the $10 50/50 No data plan and the coveted $60 US roaming plan. The $15 plan offers some ability to build your own plan as a lower usage customer otherwise pm offers the about the same choices in plans as the competition but with rewards. 

BeachNBeer

Great point @popping 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28 

From the refer-a-friend reward point of view, I don't like waiting for 89 days and one of the referrals leaves PM on the day before my renewal and I am out of $3 reward.  On a 30 days plan, I will receive $2 reward.

@makkahn28 wrote:

really wished PM could allow people to at least build their own plans, even if not 90 day, would still be great to have variety to choose from

The current plans are basically what the competition is offering as well.  The plan builder was eliminated because it created issues with the self-serve and payment issues (so we were told)  I think the plan builder was removed as it didn't align with what the competition was doing and they didn't like it to much.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM use to have a custom plan builder with 4G but that was discontinued.  There was a 4G 1 GB data only plan that was just recently phased out.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/4G-Plans/m-p/412157#M50783.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@makkahn28 wrote:

Like take the 90 Day Plan I am on

Unlim Can-Wide+US-L-D+Unlim Global Text+6GB Data for $150

Really am hoping PM can offer more like this

Plans like this I thought were at least exciting, glamorous, having that luring charm

Last summer they had a short-lived plan with 8.5gb and US LD plus US roaming plus US roaming 2gb data.

That was pretty exciting.

@makkahn28  other than the 4g LTE speed throttled to 3mbts.  On the current 30 day $50 it's the same with 8.5 gigs of data with autopay. Stay safe 

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@makkahn28 That is the service I was looking at going for but I guess I waited too long to activate and it was no longer available. ☹️

Now I see that I really don't even notice any difference in speed but mind you I'm not a power user.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@makkahn28 

You've been here for like...ever. Where've you been? Those plan builder plans went away about a year ago.

@makkahn28, you know PM did away with the 90 day plans a long time ago due to how it was confusing for some customers.  I don't see this coming back, although I wish it would.  I am also on a 90-day plan and it is great to have the flexibility in your data usage.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28 PM is 4g LTE throttled to 3mbts.  VOLTE would be nice though. Stay safe. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28 wrote:

Also, as 5G is beginning to take form, hoping PM will at least take some of the advantages of the LTE 4G so not to lag behind

3G is not going to stay forever, so really hoping PM will offer eventually VoLTE, and other stuff as well over time

@makkahn28 we can only hope but I wouldn't bet on it 

Hoping Telus doesn't take toooooooo long

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Like take the 90 Day Plan I am on

Unlim Can-Wide+US-L-D+Unlim Global Text+6GB Data for $150

Really am hoping PM can offer more like this

Plans like this I thought were at least exciting, glamorous, having that luring charm

shep22

@makkahn28 wrote:

@makkahn28  hi it would be great but Public is a third tier provider so not likely anytime soon

Need Help? Let's chat.