cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noticed that the $15 plan has been grandmotherd.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Noticed that the $15 plan has now also been grandmotherd and have received several promo offers from PM to upgrade. Not sure but does this mean that our $15 plans as well as my grandmothers $10 plan will soon be deleted?

19 REPLIES 19

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Lol...thread-necroed thats a new one but I wouldn't necessarily say that as @BEER changed the solution. So once brought to my attention I had to add that pm won't honour your legacy plan as they once did. As far as the $15 goes.....it along with the $35 plan are pretty safe since the CRTC has ordered the big three and Sasktel to offer those two plans as low cost plan options to customers.

@Nezgar 

Have you checked out Lum? Interesting concept. If it was a little bit cheaper it would be a real option to consider in Saskatchewan anyways.

@CountyDownIeUk- From over a year ago.

@Nezgar- That's what I did with the impending end of the $10 plan. Then it got extended. Then it got finalized and I locked in. I used to be on the $15 plan with one of my accounts. But as long as you've scheduled the change while it was still available, you'll get it even after it's no longer available.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Have been on the fence with upping my $15 plan(s) to a higher data plan for the summer vacation, but there's that nagging feeling of "risk" that will be the time PM decides to grandfather or change the existing $15 plan in some way that I cannot go back. My idea was to maybe immediately schedule a change back to the $15 plan as soon as the new plan starts... and if I want to stay on a higher plan for a 2nd 30 days, remove the plan change, let it renew again at the higher plan, then re-schedule it to downgrade again... maybe a way to "lock in" the currently available plans "just in case" ...

Though I think there were cases of people who had scheduled plan changes to the $15 plan when PM experimented with province-wide calling again that had their scheduled plan changes cancelled, so I guess who knows...

Isn't @BEER the OP saying the $15 plan is grand-mothered?

@CountyDownIeUk- darlicious thread-necro'd an old thread.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

Noticed that the $15 plan has now also been grandmotherd and have received several promo offers from PM to upgrade. Not sure but does this mean that our $15 plans as well as my grandmothers $10 plan will soon be deleted?

@BEER

Can some one else that is reliable confirme the future status of the $15 plan??

If it was grandfathered, why is it still offered?

Were you solicited or informed by Telus or PM?? Do tell us!!!

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 3.23.39 PM.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

Lol....I think we have learned that there is no guarantee that any plan will be honored more than 30 days as pm only needs to post a change to price or terms of any plan on the publicmobile.ca/plans page and they become effective 30 days hence. Although the fall 2016 promo may be the exception to this policy/terms of service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Terms & Conditions #5:

Data Add-Ons to supplement a Data Plan will be provisioned at the data speed selected in your plan. If you have a Talk and/or Text Plan only with no data, the Data Add-Ons available to you will be defaulted to 4G LTE speed. US Roaming speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, our partner’s applicable network management, the base plan you have purchased and other factors.

BEER

@darlicious wrote:

@BEER 

Keep in mind that your data on the $10 account is full speed 4G LTE. 

Wait a minute --- are you sure that the $10 plan is full speed 4G LTE vs the $15 and $25 plans at 3G ?

BEER

@darlicious wrote:

@BEER 

Wait a minute --- are you sure that the $10 plan is full speed 4G LTE vs the $15 and $25 plans at 3G ????

@BEER 

@Anonymous Especially since one needed to conciously login to self-serve and add those $0 addons to their account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I find it hard to believe the OP has not seen these on their accounts in all this time.

BEER

Just checked our lightly used grandfathered $10 plan and noticed PM has given it many freebies. So it seems that if you don't use your phone much PM gives you incentives - cut and pasting below --

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
    430.875  /  1024 MB
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
    14  /  400 MIN
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US
    0  /  500 MIN
    $0 Holiday Giveaway: 2GB add-on
    0  /  2048 MB
    1GB Promo
    30.494  /  1024 MB
    50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts
    9  /  50 Unit
    Limited Canada-Wide Talk
    37  /  50 MIN
  •  

BEER

Asking.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can keep both grandfathered plans as long as you don't do a plan change.

@BEER 

Existing customer plans will be honored. As for thr $10 plan, that hasn"t been around for more than year to new customers.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@BEER  do you mean there will be no more $15 plan soon?

Need Help? Let's chat.