cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not the best plan anymore

NewZQ
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Lucky Mobile has the same 40$ plan with one big exception, unlimited data at 128kbps after the 5gb is gone. It would help with emails and messenger chat after the data is gone. I think I will switch soon.

For extra 2$ (autopay bonus that it does not have) I would gladly prefer the unlimited messenger chat.

15 REPLIES 15

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Also setting call forwarding is not allowed on Lucky Mobile. Thats limits some call management flexibility.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@NewZQ wrote:

Lucky Mobile has the same 40$ plan with one big exception, unlimited data at 128kbps after the 5gb is gone. It would help with emails and messenger chat after the data is gone. I think I will switch soon.

For extra 2$ (autopay bonus that it does not have) I would gladly prefer the unlimited messenger chat.

The 128 Kbps will be snail speed and not worth switching unless you regularly exceed the 5 gb each month.  5 gb is a lot of data unless you use your phone to download and watch full movies etc.

TE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi New ZQ,

Technically the two Cell networks are essentially the same coverage and speeds so price vs plan and customer support are really the big reason to make the change if it comes down to a small price difference.

• PM is a Telus brand and on Telus' network
  • Lucky Mobile is a Bell brand and operates on Bell's network.
  • The two networks actually share infrastructure and are generally evolving in capability and speeds in lock step.

I worked for one of these carriers and even get a never ending employee discount on services for their core brand and yet I still choose PM because they have consistently pushed market prices down, offered coverage via Tier 1 Networks with a no frill basic self administered portal with little fan fare or warm fuzzy pets. This decision includes scoring PM high for a great loyalty program that tries to reward users fairly.

We price bottom feeders need to share the love and knowledge, so if you do go ZQ, keep in touch and enlighten us on how the experience was. 

Let it be said that wise old Army Signaler once told you, "Change may seem worth it for a while, but it is rarely easy and it is never without a cost".

Good Luck

TE

hi @NewZQ 

Those of us who don't miss dialup know exactly what @Colinh90 is talking about. There is no way to keep your zen on that speed now, due to high speeds readily available everything is bloated and way to heavy for that speed. 

If you want to try it you can activate smaller plan with them burn through data then enjoy your training in patience. Make sure you don't transfer your number that first month once account is closed you will not get back your rewards

Colinh90

As somebody who has had lucky mobile  recently, the reduced speeds are not worth it.. It was the equivalent of having no data at all..

Colinh90

I had lucky mobile afew months ago but I was duped into one of those virgin to Lucky migration plans so I switch to public a month ago,  I canceled virgin last minth, Honestly the reduced speeds to 128kbps Wasn't worth it because it was extremely unusable, i couldn't  even load  Google.com, I'd rather have seven dollars off my bill after five years then have 128kbps after i use up all of my data. ive had freedom mobile and they reduce your speeds to 238kbps But unlike Lucky it was useable but with great struggle. I only use anywhere between 4 and 6 GB of data a month so I chose the 8gig plan To be on the safe side.. 

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

"unlimited data at 128kbps after the 5gb is gone"

I'm staying with PM, but I must admit this is a really great and enticing idea for people who want to stay connected after their "main" data runs out.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@NewZQ , always remain loyal to your wallet and choose what is best.  It is the best way to improve competition and products.  No one provider works for everyone.  Sorry to see you go.

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

We all are entitled to choose which provider we want. PM may not be perfect, but it suits me just fine. For a lot of us, another carrier would have to have extremely better plans in order to leave PM.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@NewZQ 

Did you activate in 2018? You should also have $2 in loyalty, if you are not receiving it you should contact moderators. That would make it $4 less with loyalties accumulating. I'd you need about 250 megs more of data for an odd email or really small use them buying 1 gig add-on would be a little bit better than breaking even, if you need less then you are making money by staying here. Don't forget about the free data that we didn't get for long time now, I believe due to covid change of situation. But they introduced that when everyone switched to 'unlimited' and I totally expect something soon. It wouldn't be bad for back to school as many will be leaving their WiFi at home starting September

Sorry I just noticed you joined at the end of September so you most likely need couple of more cycles to get to $2 in loyalty. If you are not receiving your$1 since October you should contact moderators for credit

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@NewZQ I agree, you don't have many rewards. so nothing is really keeping you here.

for your needs I would go with lucky

maybe pm will lose a bunch of customers then they'll start offering this plan lol

👍

Starshoot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You are right, it is a good plan. However, I have stayed with Public Mobile due to the slightly cheaper price, and most importantly, the ability to have roaming add-ons. Please note that Lucky Mobile currently do not offer any roaming add-ons if you decide to go to the US. Of course, due to the current situation, that may not be so important...

Food for thought. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Select the provider which best suits your need.  I would make sure their network coverage is good and reliable.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@NewZQ it's your choice. I admit if I ever got close to my 250 mb of data. That unlimited data would be nice too. Wait until your cycle is nearly up if you are porting. Sorry to see you go. Stay safe. 

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards has Lucky Sims for .49 cents each right now.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@NewZQ 

@NewZQ wrote:

@NewZQ ok sorry to see you go don't forget to keep your account open untill your port is complete see you again soon 😁

Need Help? Let's chat.