cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not seeing option to purchase U. S. Talk add on

Wchee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The U.S. Roaming talk add on I purchased expired and now I am not seeing an option to purchase the add on again. Is there some kind of limit to how many times it can be bought? 

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sm2016 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I run my own business and need my phone number available to me. 

@sm2016 I know this doesn't help with the current issue at hand, but honestly I would never recommend someone try to run their business on Public Mobile.  The support model these past few months has consistently been backlogged to the point where most people if they do run into issues, are waiting 3+ days to get help from the support staff that have access to their accounts.  If your phone is mission-critical, this likely is not an acceptable SLA for being without service.  I would suggest you look at alternatives once you're back in Canada, especially if you can write the service off as a business expense--it's not really worth the hassle to save a few bucks every month.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for the suggestion, but I run my own business and need my phone number available to me. 

sm2016

It was a solid suggestion, but still did not get it to show up. My add-on expired last night.

@CS_Agent Can anyone help here?

@Anonymous wrote:

@sm2016 wrote:

Well my current add on expired today and tells me as such when I try to make an outbound call. When I go to active add-ons, it does not show up either. 

All of that and I can't see the ability to purchase the add on either

Expiring tonight or last night?

Maybe clear cache/cookies or change browser or private/incognito mode.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sm2016 wrote:

Well my current add on expired today and tells me as such when I try to make an outbound call. When I go to active add-ons, it does not show up either. 

Expiring tonight or last night?

Maybe clear cache/cookies or change browser or private/incognito mode.

sm2016

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sm2016 wrote:

This is crazy! So you're saying when an add-on ends, we cannot re-add it for 24 hours?!

What if we're in the US for longer than 10 days? I am having this issue right now and cannot believe I will be stuck without a phone for a whole day now. What is the fix for this?

What NDesai said is news to me. I could certainly be wrong but my understanding is that we can't buy the same roaming add-on while one is active. Active starts as day 1 the day it was purchased and stays active for 10 days. Then expires at 00:00 ET on that 10th day. So say you buy the add-on some time on Jan 1. That's day one. It will expire at 11:59pm ET (00:00) on Jan 10.

Then you should be able to buy the add-on again.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Ba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@sm2016 wrote:

This is crazy! So you're saying when an add-on ends, we cannot re-add it for 24 hours?!

What if we're in the US for longer than 10 days? I am having this issue right now and cannot believe I will be stuck without a phone for a whole day now. What is the fix for this?

Use an app like Google Hangout that uses either data or wifi while waiting.

sm2016

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Wchee If you purchased that add-on already and now it's expired, you will probably have to wait about 24 hours to buy that add-on again. If you cannot wait, you purchase other available US add-ons. 

Need Help? Let's chat.