cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages after US Roaming expires

jf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

1. Could you fix my account, I am not receiving text messages anymore after my us roaming expired last night! (I can call and send text, but not receive texts, even from PM subscribers).

2. How do we prevent this from happening? Since you can't tell you are not receiving them anymore.

@Shazia_K

Thanks,

JF

19 REPLIES 19

@baart0910 wrote:

I also have received the text that my data roaming add on is about to expire and i havent received texts all day. please inform me on how to fix this service i pay for but am not receiving.

thanks

It'll fix itself in 24 hrs. Or open a ticket to moderators. Click the question mark and type - rep.

@baart0910 

@baart0910 wrote:

I also have received the text that my data roaming add on is about to expire and i havent received texts all day. please inform me on how to fix this service i pay for but am not receiving.

thanks

Usually the problem fixes itself within 24 hours.  Known glitch in the system. 

You can contact moderator for help.

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

baart0910
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shazaee wrote:

I need to have my account reset please I have the same problem not getting text after us roaming plan ended.

@Moderator_Team < Click this and start the process.

Shazaee

I need to have my account reset please I have the same problem not getting text after us roaming plan ended.

MarkJ

Yes I read the thread seems I basically just have to wait until it expires for this to work unless one of the moderators helps me out? I have messaged one just waiting for a reply now. Hope something can be done soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarkJ wrote:

Hello I believe I am having the same issue. I am not receiving any texts following a US roaming add on and this expires tomorrow. I am able to send texts but not receive any. Please let me know if there is something I can do I have reset my phone and reconnected to the network with no change.

Thanks,

Mark

Did you read the thread you managed to post into?

Did you send a message to the mods?

But it looks like by the time they'd get back to you that the add-on will have expired and that seems to fix it (after a restart).

MarkJ

Hello I believe I am having the same issue. I am not receiving any texts following a US roaming add on and this expires tomorrow. I am able to send texts but not receive any. Please let me know if there is something I can do I have reset my phone and reconnected to the network with no change.

Thanks,

Mark

DrDjuro

For the record, I can confirm that contacting the moderators per instructions above helped resolve the issue within 2h of my initial contactI'm very happy with their responsiveness and a quick resolution.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DrDjuro 

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

DrDjuro

I have the same problem today. Is there a solution to this issue, or I have to wait for it to go away?

jf

All good now. Thanks @Mary_M

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @jf,

I have just sent you a private message, please view it 🙂

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

jf
Thanks for checking. Text msg returned after about 24hrs (not a fan, since there is no way to know you can't receive them). I was told by a friend I lost voice mail as well ( that one came back yesterday)

Still don't have data from my bundle (had to purchase addon to stay functional) and haven't been able to see usage since the last "fix" on my account this spring. They are working on the issue.

srlawren

@jf has anything changed since your last update?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jf

I've been rebooting every hour or so hoping issue will get resolved but it hasen't yet.

Since my last reboot I now lost data. So I only have voice service now. 

JF

srlawren

Hi @jf,

Unfortunatley, this bug affects some customers when a US Roaming add-on expires.  This *should* resolve itself within 24 hours, so try rebooting your phone about mid-day tomorrow and get someone to send you a test message.  Under normal circumstances, I would suggest you private message the moderator team and ask them to help, as they can force the fix on their end.  However, unfortunately, right now there is a very popular promo plan running and the moderators are taking up to several days to get to requests.  I know they try to process them in approximately first in first out order, so yours request would take several days, by which time it should already have resolved itself.

jf
Thanks, This has been tried without success multiple times before posting. As reported by other users, account needs to be fixed by a mod.
JF

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Incoming text have nothing to do with u.s roaming i would say try reboot your device or also try your sim in other phone if available to check if its device issues or service.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.