cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming text us roam plan just ended

Rjb6767
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My us roaming plan has expired last night.  Incoming text messages has not been working since.  Checked the apn name.  Tried exiting public mobile then re registering to network.  Tried sim removal.  Used a friends sim in my S9 and it worked no problem.  Frustrating not knowing what to do

5 REPLIES 5

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have sometimes been able to fix this issue by turing my phone off then visiting my self-serve portal on my computer. Mark you device as lost, then wait about 15 minutes before marking it as found. Once complete turn your phone back on, if still expirenceing problems you can also try to do a network reset and a hard reset (You may need to re-enter the APN settings afterwards). This trick has worked for me in the past on iPhones, I have not tested it on other devices.

Hope this gets resolved soon!

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I agree 100% with @srlawren . But I think you should send a ticket through SIMON anyway. They will never fix it if they don't know the impact it is having. If you want to send one:

Explain your issue to SIMON, the ? comment box in the bottom right.
SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand you better. Answer his questions until you get to here:Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will take over your case and respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team

Rjb6767
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the quick reply.  A little better knowing it's common and usually resolved its self.

thread moved from the lounge

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rjb6767 unfortuantely, this is completely normal when your US Roaming texting add-on expires.  It will self-resolve within approx 24 hours.  Try rebooting your phone every few hours and re-testing.  This bug has existed since US Roaming add-ons were introduced nearly 3 years ago, and it doesn't appear it's going to be fixed any time soon.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.