cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving data (2 year customer with the same plan)

marmstrong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have a feeling this needs to be escalated to the moderators to solve. I've been with Public Mobile for about 2 years, with the same plan unlimited international texts, unlimited Canada-wide calling, and 6 GB of data. I signed up during a promo back in the summer of 2017, and have never changed my plan.

Recently I noticed that since the switch between May to June, I have not received, or do not seem to have received a new allotment of data for June. When I check my account, my plan says I have the data plan, but the data and addons section does not show this.

I was using an expiring credit card, but just changed it in the last week or so to see if that would change anything. It shouldn't, as my next payment should be auto-payed before the card expires, but just in case I changed it anyway.

I've looked over similar problems and followed the directions, restarting my phone, pulling out the SIM card, renaming the APN values, all to no avail. I've now been without data for nearly the full month, and figured that it is far beyond the point of being linked to my occasional problem of having my data run out a few days before the switch over. Since I never received any notification that Public Mobile was cancelling my plan type, or anything, and I've never selected another plan, I'm confused and at a loss to figure out how to solve this on my end.

13 REPLIES 13

@marmstrong wrote:

I can confirm that something weird is going on as it only says:

"Your Data & Add-On limit will show the total min./MB available on your account at the time of your last Add-On purchase. "

I did try adding money before as I was desperate enough (needed to access my emails away from an available wifi) and did put $30 on the account. Nothing happened. I'm going to try the lost phone solution and see if it works.

EDIT: reporting the phone lost or stolen reset attempt did not work.

Did you re-add the data addon for 1 GB?  The first click of the add-on allows you to top up the funds for 'Available Balance'.  The seconded click of the 1 GB add-on will actually add the data.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi. Are you on a 90 day Plan?

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am wrote:

@duffer900 wrote:

Unfortunately, no, I'm using an ZTE Axon 

Try this :

Android: Settings/System/Advanced/Reset Options => Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

How does this help when the concern raised is the data metering at the carrier end seems off? 

I misread the OP. Carry on, nothing to see here...

@duffer900 wrote:

Try this :

Android: Settings/System/Advanced/Reset Options => Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

How does this help when the concern raised is the data metering at the carrier end seems off? 

duffer900

Try this :

@marmstrong wrote:

"Your Data & Add-On limit will show the total min./MB available on your account at the time of your last Add-On purchase. "

I did try adding money before as I was desperate enough (needed to access my emails away from an available wifi) and did put $30 on the account. Nothing happened. I'm going to try the lost phone solution and see if it works.

From your description, it seems like the data counter is not working for some reason.  I would just ask the moderator team to do an account reset to make sure everything is functional and not fool around with small top ups and lost/found phone toggles which address different issues. 

@marmstrong wrote:

@marmstrong  Purchasing an add-on is a two step process. You need to add the add-on after funding your account.

marmstrong

EDIT: reporting the phone lost or stolen reset attempt did not work.

This does sound like you've run out of data quicker than expected.  You can add more via add-ons, or consider changing your plan to something with more data.

You're probably on a 6 GB LTE plan over a 90-day cycle?  If you consider the 3G throttled LTE speed plans, you might find something similarly priced, or maybe more data for the same price.

marmstrong

@duffer900 wrote:

@marmstrong wrote:

Hi, I have a feeling this needs to be escalated to the moderators to solve. I've been with Public Mobile for about 2 years, with the same plan unlimited international texts, unlimited Canada-wide calling, and 6 GB of data. I signed up during a promo back in the summer of 2017, and have never changed my plan.

Recently I noticed that since the switch between May to June, I have not received, or do not seem to have received a new allotment of data for June. When I check my account, my plan says I have the data plan, but the data and addons section does not show this.

I was using an expiring credit card, but just changed it in the last week or so to see if that would change anything. It shouldn't, as my next payment should be auto-payed before the card expires, but just in case I changed it anyway.

I've looked over similar problems and followed the directions, restarting my phone, pulling out the SIM card, renaming the APN values, all to no avail. I've now been without data for nearly the full month, and figured that it is far beyond the point of being linked to my occasional problem of having my data run out a few days before the switch over. Since I never received any notification that Public Mobile was cancelling my plan type, or anything, and I've never selected another plan, I'm confused and at a loss to figure out how to solve this on my end.

Are you on an iPhone?

If so, maybe try this:

1. Tap on Settings from the Home screen.
  2. Next, tap General.
  3. Scroll down to and then tap Reset to continue.
  4. Select the option to Reset NetworkSettings.
  5. If prompted, enter the correct passcode for your device.
  6. Then tap the option to confirm networksettings reset.

Unfortunately, no, I'm using an ZTE Axon 7

@marmstrong 

If you don't see the data add on in your overview page, according to PM, your data has run out.  A few people have had their data allotment NOT reset the next month.  So, that is a possibility.  Checking your data usage history may provide more information.  

Moderators are likely need to help sort things out.  

Might want to try two tricks that might re-activate/reset your plan:
1.  Report your phone lost/stolen in self service account.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login.  Report your phone found.
2.  Manually add $1 into your balance. 
These actions sometimes will reset your SIM/re-activate account. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

duffer900

@marmstrong wrote:

Are you on an iPhone?

If so, maybe try this:

1. Tap on Settings from the Home screen.
  2. Next, tap General.
  3. Scroll down to and then tap Reset to continue.
  4. Select the option to Reset NetworkSettings.
  5. If prompted, enter the correct passcode for your device.
  6. Then tap the option to confirm networksettings reset.

Android?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@marmstrong Check the main page of your account, does it show data under Data and Addons? Is there any data used in your recent data usage history? If not then something probably did go wrong and you WILL need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.