cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving PM promo offers by text

JAC70
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are the PM offers sent out by text based on eligibility of some sort?  I've never received any.

13 REPLIES 13

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

More and more now the bigger companies are offering more "deals" for more data... But who would even use 10 gigs of data in a month? Are they constantly streaming 1080p movies on their phone? Lol

Would be nice if it went the other way too, even at the bigger ones to see them offer 1 gig or even 500mb for like 20 bucks in comparison, pass on the savings to the "little guy" customers too. Maybe they'll start once they incorporate new crtc requirements? 🤔

I'm just curious on the industry as a whole in Canada right now

brettster99

@darlicious 

No I have not received anything. I think the only thing I ever got was a KOODO migration offer of $50 for 3 or 4GB of data and unlimited Canada wide calling and texting 

@Pawprints1986 

While public mobile has targeted offers occasionally (like todays) I've never heard of them customizing plans since the closest to this concept  was the old build your own plan model they had a few years ago. They have moved into the one size fits all plans that are based on the amount of plan data included. I think targeted offers and special promotions at activation are a market test of the viability of offering a new plan which may be based on feedback from the community. Last falls targeted offers gave those on the largest data plans a chance to increase their monthly data allotment by 2gb going from 8.5gb and 10.5gb to a maximum 12.5gb for $60. These I believe came from a vocal group of users wanting larger data plans. However the actual interest and amount of users that took the opportunity  to upgrade I suspect was not high enough to warrant a permanent plan.

Similarly the new targeted offer stems from  users wanting a 2gb or 3gb plan to bridge the gaping hole between the $25 /1gb and the $40/5gb plan. If enough people are willing to upgrade to that plan then pm might consider putting it on offer for all pm customers. These kind of things require programming into the system  to work. One would  imagine that by simplifying what is offered in your account  it eases the pressure on pms older self serve system and  leads to fewer issues.

I don't think PM offers a second promotion.  Either you accept the offer or decline and stay with your current plan.

Pawprints1986

This seems an ok place to ask this... Does pm ever do things like say "hey do you want this 35 plan with 3 gigs of data" and you say no, then they maybe offer "well how about $30 with 2 gigs of data?" Type thing? Is that sort of double offer, if you will, limited to the higher tiers? (Koodo, telus?) Just wondered 🙂

@brettster99  Did you get the offer? If you change and pm doesn't make it a plan offered to everyone (put it on the plans page) then you will be grandfathered in but you wont be able to change it lest lose it.

brettster99

@Nanqui 

Really? A moderator said that? I don’t wanna risk it if it’s not true but if it is 100% true then I might do it

Nanqui
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Here’s that what a moderator wrote on another  post: 

In regards of redeeming the 35$ plan with 3 GB of data, you must return to the 25$ plan with 1 GB of data!

Once you are under the 25$ plan with 1 GB of data, you will get a text message telling you that you have the choice to accept and upgrade to the 35$ plan with 3 GB of data on the next renewal date between May 1st and 30th 2020.

As other eligibility criteria you must be with Public Mobile for at least 45 days, the account must be active(no suspended status) and you must be registered for automatic top ups.

Also, as conditions you will need to reply to the text messages with YES35 and you have until April 29th 2020 at 11:59 PM to reply YES35 to redeem the offer.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@JAC70  there is no way to sign up for it they are targeting a certain audience.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@JAC70 To receive prom offers, you need to sign up for them. Use this link 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans 

Scroll down past the plan section and enter your email to sign up for deal alerts. Stay safe.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@JAC70 Seems that the present time just targeting certain members may get one eventually I haven’t got one myself

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JAC70 , to be eligible for the offer, you need to have been a customer for at least 45 days, be on the $25/1GB plan with autopay enabled. If you can satisfy these conditions, you will get the offer.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/New-targeted-offer-for-some-current-cli...

Need Help? Let's chat.