cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving International SMS I paid for in my plan

Mogens
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can I correct this error?  How can I contact the provider?

15 REPLIES 15

@Mogens You are welcome. Glad that the collective could help you. Enjoy your trip. 

Mogens

Thanks for the clarification.  I understand that I am beeing fooled.

Mogens

Thanks for your clarification.  I understand that I have no need for this plan.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mogens wrote:

No, I am NOT in Canada.  If "International texting" is only possible one-way, then Telus needs to learn some better English

@Mogens you're not the first and won't be the last to be confused by the terminology.  It's not actually one-way, it is bi-directional, but only while you're in Canada.  When your'e in Canada, you can send and receive texts from anyone globally.  However, PM does not have any roaming agreements other than in the USA, so you will get zero PM service anywehere else, including Europe.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Here are some workarounds people have found. I have never used them. But  you can check them out. https://nomadlist.com/forum/t/how-to-get-sms-verifications-for-banks-while-traveling/8773

@Mogens wrote:

I receive NOTHING, not even the security codes from Yahoo and Amazon that are being sent by SMS.   And I hhave no other coice about them.  I don't need to send SMS.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

International text only applies if you are in Canada, public mobile does not have roaming text wise unless of course you are going to the usa, then you'd buy an add-on for your needs, else wise your out of luck sorry.

Mogens

I receive NOTHING, not even the security codes from Yahoo and Amazon that are being sent by SMS.   And I hhave no other coice about them.  I don't need to send SMS.

Mogens

No, I am NOT in Canada.  If "International texting" is only possible one-way, then Telus needs to learn some better English, and I need to know what the hell I can do about that problem.  I talk about texts received from Yahoo and Amazon, not about texts I send myself, because I send none.

Mogens

I receive NOTHING, not even the security codes from Yahoo and Amazon that are being sent by SMS.  "Data" is enabled on the phone and has been all the time.

I will try to get a moderator as you suggest.  Thank you.

Mogens

We talk about security codes sent from Yahoo and Amazon, so I have no other choices for chatting.  Gettin to talk to a live person that can make decisions is just as hopeless with them as it is with Telus.

Mogens

I can see in the "Usage Overview" that the texts are received, but I did not get them.  I am currently in Europe and we talk about security codes from Yahoo and Amazon.  I do not know of any other SMSes.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mogens wrote:

@Mogens just to clarify:  you're physically in Canada, right?  You're not in some other country expecting "international texting" to mean you can text from anywhere you travel in the world?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Are you saying that you cannot receive all international messages? Or just the mms ones? Ie with pictures etc. If it is the former contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . If it the latter. Enable data on your device. It doesn't use any of your data but needs this feature on to receive mms messages.  Welcome to PM .

@Mogens wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mogens , problem could also be at the sending end.  I had a friend from the UK who was unable to successfully send me SMS.  I had no problems sending to SMS to him.  We never figured out the problem.  There are many other more reliable ways of chatting these days.  

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Mogens wrote:

First try restarting your phone.

For you, there should be no difference between receiving a text from Canada or from an international number. Can you receive texts from anyone else?

If so, confirm that your contact is entering your phone number correctly.

Need Help? Let's chat.