cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not connecting to network in the States

pop78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I've travelled to the States a number of times, never had an issue connecting to a network or using the talk and data add-on.

My wife is in New York right now and not connecting to any network. I purchased the add-on, but that won't help until she connects to a network...

Any known issues connecting in the States? She has a brand new Pixel 3A if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15

@pop78 wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@pop78Did your wife got your Pixel3A directly from Google or from another carrier?

Directly from Google. It should be fully unlocked, which is why I'm baffled here...

@pop78 All Google phones are unlocked no matter where you purchase them from. Again make sure that the correct addon was purchased by going into her account. If it's still an issue the best to contact the moderator team for a resolution.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Maybe she can change it via the secret menu *#*#4636#*#*
?

Make sure things like vLTE etc are disabled.

Is she travelling with a friend that she can swap the SIM cards with just to test?

pop78

@GinYVR wrote:

@pop78Did your wife got your Pixel3A directly from Google or from another carrier?

Directly from Google. It should be fully unlocked, which is why I'm baffled here...

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

pop78

Finally spoke to her. All AT&T options are listed as restricted. She tried all other options, including T-Mobile but it wouldn't connect. She will try again later today, but this is rather frustrating...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pop78 

After arriving at your US destionation, endable roaming, enable data.  Restart your phone to auto-configure your phone to one of the two networks - AT&T or T-Mobile.  This also configure the APN settings for the selected network.  

If your phone does not lock on to one network, you can manually select AT& or T-Mobile network.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@pop78 Get her to try restarting the phone, and check that it's not in Airplane mode.

@pop78 wrote:

Roaming is on. But that won't help as she is not connected to a mobile network...

@pop78  Settings - Network & Internet - Mobile network -  Advanced - Automatically connect to network.

Keep us posted.

pop78

Checked the add-on, cycled the phone, cycle airplane mode, etc.

Might be as @GinYVR said and it's not switching networks automatically. I've sent her an email. Hopefully it's that simple. Will find out next time she connects to wifi.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@pop78 wrote:

Hello,

I've travelled to the States a number of times, never had an issue connecting to a network or using the talk and data add-on.

My wife is in New York right now and not connecting to any network. I purchased the add-on, but that won't help until she connects to a network...

Any known issues connecting in the States? She has a brand new Pixel 3A if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

If your wife has an active Public Mobile account and the 10 Day Us Roaming Add-on is properly applied...it should work. Follow instruction from @GinYVR ...then maybe try cycling phone off/on again.

She could log into My Account / Data & Add-ons to confirm if she has the Add-on applied.

pop78

Roaming is on. But that won't help as she is not connected to a mobile network...

@pop78 

Make sure to turn on roaming for the phone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pop78 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!

@pop78 Make sure roaming is turned on.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@pop78 Is your wife's phone set to search for AT&T network? It might just be set to only Public Mobile.
Need Help? Let's chat.