cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not able to make international long distance calls, despite having the add-on

I am not able to make international long distance calls, despite having the add-on, Here is the list of my current Add-Ons
200 min US and Canada Long Distance
400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)

When I attempted to call a number in UK using 011-44-1242-nnnnnn several times today, I got the message 'Sorry, we can't complete your call. You don't have an active long distance add-on, and this call is not covered by your plan'.

Thanks

Arash

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Not able to make international long distance calls, despite having the add-on

@Arash wrote:

When looking at overview page, I only see "200 min US and Canada Long Distance" under "My Data & Add-Ons", with amount used listed as "115/200 MIN". However, when I look at "My Plan & Add-ons" page, I also see "400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)". I tried calling UK numbers using +44 format, and got the same results. I am not able to make international calls to anywhere except US, and I do not believe I have ever seen the add-on with 400 minutes showing up under the overview page with any usage numbers.

For some reason, you've used up all the 400 minutes already. You can buy that add-on again to get things going, but then start a ticket with moderators to see where the original 400 minutes went.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Not able to make international long distance calls, despite having the add-on

@Arash 

Can you call or text in Canada otherwise?

Highlighted

Yes, no issues will calls or SMS in Canada.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Arash wrote:

Yes, no issues will calls or SMS in Canada.

And you see those two add-ons under My Data & Add-ons on your overview page?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Arash 

Try using TextNow uk should be free

Also try +44

Check the number over

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Check your self serve account to make you have a remaining balance for LD minutes.  It should be xxx/400.  Are you able to make international LD calls to other numbers ?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Arash  I was just able to call this marks and Spencer's number in Cheltenham UK.

Screenshot_20200930_105000.jpg

Call went through with no issue. 

Maybe you're dialing a wrong number? Or maybe there is a different code for landlines vs cell??

Try without the 011 I didn't need it.

Highlighted

When looking at overview page, I only see "200 min US and Canada Long Distance" under "My Data & Add-Ons", with amount used listed as "115/200 MIN". However, when I look at "My Plan & Add-ons" page, I also see "400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)". I tried calling UK numbers using +44 format, and got the same results. I am not able to make international calls to anywhere except US, and I do not believe I have ever seen the add-on with 400 minutes showing up under the overview page with any usage numbers.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Arash wrote:

For some reason, you've used up all the 400 minutes already. You can buy that add-on again to get things going, but then start a ticket with moderators to see where the original 400 minutes went.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Arash wrote:

Hi @Arash 

If you do not see "400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)" under "My Plan & Add-ons", it likely means you have already used it all up.

When did you last buy the International calling add-on? If needed, you can always buy it again.

Need Help? Let's chat.