cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to make international long distance calls, despite having the add-on

Arash
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not able to make international long distance calls, despite having the add-on, Here is the list of my current Add-Ons
200 min US and Canada Long Distance
400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)

When I attempted to call a number in UK using 011-44-1242-nnnnnn several times today, I got the message 'Sorry, we can't complete your call. You don't have an active long distance add-on, and this call is not covered by your plan'.

Thanks

Arash

15 REPLIES 15

@Arash wrote:

Unlikely, as I have always been on the unlimited Canada wide plan.

IC...

well @RossN has provided you with some direction on how to start process of moderator assistance. Watch for their response when the little envelope icon (top right hand side of page) is highlighted.

Good luck on a speedy resolution...keep us posted.

Arash

Unlikely, as I have always been on the unlimited Canada wide plan.

@Arash wrote:

It was years ago when I first got the 200 MINS for US, and then 400 MINS for International calls. I rarely make calls to US, and do not even recall if have ever I made an international call beside to US before today. Consequently I have no idea how those 400 MINS could have been used, assuming there is no expiry date for the unused amount. I assume there is a mechanism to inquire about the usage history.

That 400 minutes of International calling add-on includes call to Canada as well. If you have a plan with limited calling, perhaps that add-on was debited whenever you ran outta regular plan minutes.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Arash wrote:

It was years ago when I first got the 200 MINS for US, and then 400 MINS for International calls. I rarely make calls to US, and do not even recall if have ever I made an international call beside to US before today. Consequently I have no idea how those 400 MINS could have been used, assuming there is no expiry date for the unused amount. I assume there is a mechanism to inquire about the usage history.

@Arash contact a moderator  click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator     check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

Arash

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@IF iit does not show in your overview page then it means you do not have the add-on.

You'll have to buy a 400 minute international calling add-on. 

Two steps

1- add money to your account

2- Click *Purchase add-ons" then buy the add-on.

Or if who you're trying to call is a friend /family member then maybe you can set up WhatsApp and call them for free. Or FB messenger,etc.

@Arash wrote:

When looking at overview page, I only see "200 min US and Canada Long Distance" under "My Data & Add-Ons", with amount used listed as "115/200 MIN". However, when I look at "My Plan & Add-ons" page, I also see "400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)". I tried calling UK numbers using +44 format, and got the same results. I am not able to make international calls to anywhere except US, and I do not believe I have ever seen the add-on with 400 minutes showing up under the overview page with any usage numbers.

Hi @Arash 

If you do not see "400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)" under "My Plan & Add-ons", it likely means you have already used it all up.

When did you last buy the International calling add-on? If needed, you can always buy it again.

@Arash wrote:

When looking at overview page, I only see "200 min US and Canada Long Distance" under "My Data & Add-Ons", with amount used listed as "115/200 MIN". However, when I look at "My Plan & Add-ons" page, I also see "400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)". I tried calling UK numbers using +44 format, and got the same results. I am not able to make international calls to anywhere except US, and I do not believe I have ever seen the add-on with 400 minutes showing up under the overview page with any usage numbers.

For some reason, you've used up all the 400 minutes already. You can buy that add-on again to get things going, but then start a ticket with moderators to see where the original 400 minutes went.

Arash

@Arash  I was just able to call this marks and Spencer's number in Cheltenham UK.

Screenshot_20200930_105000.jpg

Call went through with no issue. 

Maybe you're dialing a wrong number? Or maybe there is a different code for landlines vs cell??

Try without the 011 I didn't need it.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your self serve account to make you have a remaining balance for LD minutes.  It should be xxx/400.  Are you able to make international LD calls to other numbers ?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Arash 

Try using TextNow uk should be free

Also try +44

Check the number over

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Arash wrote:

Yes, no issues will calls or SMS in Canada.

And you see those two add-ons under My Data & Add-ons on your overview page?

Arash

Yes, no issues will calls or SMS in Canada.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Arash 

Can you call or text in Canada otherwise?

Need Help? Let's chat.