cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not Receiving Text Messages

I'm not able to receive text messages. I can send MMS and SMS no problem and have verified recipients get them, but I cannot recieve. Incoming and outgoing calls works. Restarted phone several times and verified APN settings (not relevant for texts, but just in case).

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone. Was working fine prior to today. Phone is a few days old. Default app for messages is "messages" and nothing else is listed. Last message I got was 7:20am this morning (the 23rd).

Also had a US Roaming plan that expires today. Got a 95% data usage alert @ 12am this morning. I no longer see any mention of it in self serve account. 

Tags (1)
Oracle

Re: Not Receiving Text Messages

I have heard of customers having problems with their plan right around the time that a US roaming add on is expiring.  Some times the problem self heals a day later.  The moderator team can remedy the issue by doing some sort of reset on the account.  It might be worthwhile to ask them to look into the account.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Thanks for the link. Had a hard time finding the direct PM for a mod.

I had a bunch of confusing automated 611 messages the last time I used the US roaming addon, but never any problem with getting messages. Hoping that is all this is!

Mayor / Maire

@mac151 wrote:

Thanks for the link. Had a hard time finding the direct PM for a mod.

I had a bunch of confusing automated 611 messages the last time I used the US roaming addon, but never any problem with getting messages. Hoping that is all this is!

@mac151 I'm guessing last time you use the US Roaming add-on(s), you didn't have US Roaming Text feature, but this time you did?  What happens is, the 10 days expire, but the add-on, for a time of about 12-24 hours, sits inactive on your account, which confuses the system and it's unable to deliver your inbound messages to you.  As @will13am noted, after up to about 24 hours, it will get removed automatically, but if you notice and need it done sooner, you can private message the moderators, whom are aware of the issue and know how to manually remove it in their back-end system to alleviate the issue quicker.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Moderator_Team I am also experiencing this problem. not receiving texts and my US plan expired today...  @Shazia_K 

Retraité / Retired

Good morning @danib182,

thank you for taking the time to flag this to us !

Can you please try to reboot your phone? The issue is usually self- resolved within 12 hours but should it persist, please send us a private message and we'll be more than happy to help you Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

I am missing messages still and my calls keep getting dropped. Is there a reason for this??

I'm using Windows phone as well as galaxy s5 active

Mayor / Maire

@Momma44

You may want to start your own thread to get more visibility.

Can you provide more details?  Are you getting text messages?  Are you able to send messages?  Which windows phone do you have?  Etc... 

Oracle

@Momma44 wrote:

I am missing messages still and my calls keep getting dropped. Is there a reason for this??

I'm using Windows phone as well as galaxy s5 active

Do you have low reception in your area?