cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Text Messages

mac151
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not able to receive text messages. I can send MMS and SMS no problem and have verified recipients get them, but I cannot recieve. Incoming and outgoing calls works. Restarted phone several times and verified APN settings (not relevant for texts, but just in case).

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone. Was working fine prior to today. Phone is a few days old. Default app for messages is "messages" and nothing else is listed. Last message I got was 7:20am this morning (the 23rd).

Also had a US Roaming plan that expires today. Got a 95% data usage alert @ 12am this morning. I no longer see any mention of it in self serve account. 

29 REPLIES 29

@TooStinkenTrue 

The information in this thread is outdated  This service issue/bug has been since corrected.

TooStinkenTrue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn’t lose my rewards this way. 

TooStinkenTrue

That's funny because it worked for me and that's why i suggested it.

@TooStinkenTrueLost/Stolen won't fix the no texting issue for 24 hours after US roaming add ons' expiration. Only people that can fix it are the moderators or wait it out.

@TooStinkenTrue wrote:

Hi Derek, 

If you got the US roaming plan and it's now past the 10 days since it started and now you can't text... report your phone stolen, wait five minutes and then report it found. This tricks the system somehow and is honestly the only way i found to fix the problem! 

Hope this helps 

Are rewards will be lost if you do that. I would wait for the moderator  There's always a mod around lately and they are fast now.  Also, this issue fixes itself a day later.

TooStinkenTrue

Hi Derek, 

If you got the US roaming plan and it's now past the 10 days since it started and now you can't text... report your phone stolen, wait five minutes and then report it found. This tricks the system somehow and is honestly the only way i found to fix the problem! 

Hope this helps 

Planeswalker

Hi, 

I believe I am experiencing the same issue.

I have sent a PM and would appreciate your resolving this from your end.

Regards,

Derek

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@5harky wrote:

Isn't this behavior or issue a year old now? This is a private company, right?

@5harky actually it's either nearly2 or nearly 3 years old now (I forget if it was Nov 2017 or Nov 2016 when the US Roaming lanched).  PM is part of Telus.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Try taking sim out of phone..wait a few minutes, put back in and reboot.

If that does not work try resetting network settings.

If neither work pic below on how to contact mods.Simon.JPG

@5harky wrote:

I have the exact same problem as original poster. US Roaming addon expired, no longer in USA, and now my entire phone cannot perform messages and calling for Canada use. Waited 24hours and no fix...

TooStinkenTrue

Hi 5harky, 

This problem is long fixed for me! The only way I could find that ACTUALLY worked is in the above comments!

Best of luck! 

5harky

I have the exact same problem as original poster. US Roaming addon expired, no longer in USA, and now my entire phone cannot perform messages and calling for Canada use. Waited 24hours and no fix...

@TooStinkenTrue wrote:

@Lieux  

You. Are. A. Miracle. Worker!!! 

Thank you so much! **Someone give this person a raise!** 

Not gonna lie, I was doubtful at first but now I am going to suggest this to anyone I see with this issue! Literally the ONLY thing that worked! 

Very happy to help you! Finally... have a nice day!Smiley Happy

TooStinkenTrue

@Lieux  

You. Are. A. Miracle. Worker!!! 

Thank you so much! **Someone give this person a raise!** 

Not gonna lie, I was doubtful at first but now I am going to suggest this to anyone I see with this issue! Literally the ONLY thing that worked! 

TooStinkenTrue

Guess that’s the only thing i have left to try isn’t it 😏 thanks i’ll let you know 

@TooStinkenTrue wrote:

What is the list/stolen truck? 

Active yes, money available yes (even tho i’m signed up for auto pay), turning the phone off and back on yes, APN (or whatever it is) yes, sim card out for 10 or so minutes yes.... See my frustration lol

I can easily understand your frustration!!!

In your account, report your phone lost/stolen.  Logout.  Wait 5 minutes.  Login and report your phone found.  Re-boot phone.  This resets your SIM/account.

TooStinkenTrue

What is the list/stolen truck? 

Active yes, money available yes (even tho i’m signed up for auto pay), turning the phone off and back on yes, APN (or whatever it is) yes, sim card out for 10 or so minutes yes.... See my frustration lol

@TooStinkenTrue wrote:

It’s frustrating because why should I have to? Why can’t a plan that I’ve been paying for work? Obviously it’s not uncommon to have this problem so why is there no warning and/or why haven’t they fixed this problem? 

The mysterious technology!!!Smiley Frustrated

Did you try the lost/stolen trick?

Is your account shows ACTIVE?

TooStinkenTrue

It’s frustrating because why should I have to? Why can’t a plan that I’ve been paying for work? Obviously it’s not uncommon to have this problem so why is there no warning and/or why haven’t they fixed this problem? 

While you are waiting for a moderator, you could try using an app like TextNow or Fongo to send/receive texts.

TooStinkenTrue

Ahhh this is so stressful!! I’m unable to receive messages too!! From anyone without iMessage .... THIS INCLUDES MY BOSS!!! I direct messaged mod yesterday and no word back. This is a pain... I’ve literally tried everything I have seen and thought of! Honestly, why can’t things just work?! I just need to know where to go for work and I can’t receive messages .... Let’s hope I don’t lose my job over this!! If Public Mobile knows this is a ongoing problem... why don’t they give some warning?! 

@Momma44 wrote:

I am missing messages still and my calls keep getting dropped. Is there a reason for this??

I'm using Windows phone as well as galaxy s5 active

Do you have low reception in your area?  

@Momma44

You may want to start your own thread to get more visibility.

Can you provide more details?  Are you getting text messages?  Are you able to send messages?  Which windows phone do you have?  Etc... 

Momma44

I am missing messages still and my calls keep getting dropped. Is there a reason for this??

I'm using Windows phone as well as galaxy s5 active

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @danib182,

thank you for taking the time to flag this to us !

Can you please try to reboot your phone? The issue is usually self- resolved within 12 hours but should it persist, please send us a private message and we'll be more than happy to help you 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

danib182

@CS_Agent I am also experiencing this problem. not receiving texts and my US plan expired today...  @Shazia_K 

sach

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mac151 wrote:

Thanks for the link. Had a hard time finding the direct PM for a mod.

I had a bunch of confusing automated 611 messages the last time I used the US roaming addon, but never any problem with getting messages. Hoping that is all this is!

@mac151 I'm guessing last time you use the US Roaming add-on(s), you didn't have US Roaming Text feature, but this time you did?  What happens is, the 10 days expire, but the add-on, for a time of about 12-24 hours, sits inactive on your account, which confuses the system and it's unable to deliver your inbound messages to you.  As @will13am noted, after up to about 24 hours, it will get removed automatically, but if you notice and need it done sooner, you can private message the moderators, whom are aware of the issue and know how to manually remove it in their back-end system to alleviate the issue quicker.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mac151

Thanks for the link. Had a hard time finding the direct PM for a mod.

I had a bunch of confusing automated 611 messages the last time I used the US roaming addon, but never any problem with getting messages. Hoping that is all this is!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have heard of customers having problems with their plan right around the time that a US roaming add on is expiring.  Some times the problem self heals a day later.  The moderator team can remedy the issue by doing some sort of reset on the account.  It might be worthwhile to ask them to look into the account.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.