cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No talk service

boondock69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Prior to July 13 I figured I ran out of my 100 minutes as a recording said my plan didn't cover long distance.  So I added $15 to continue service.  Still no talk service.  Changed plan to $25 month plan and of course prepaid and watched payment go thru successfully.  Bank verified both payment $15 & $25.  Still can't phone

15 REPLIES 15

boondock69

Sorry for late reply to your question.  The answer is no it did not work.  It put the $25 into my online public Mobile account.  But still no outgoing calls until I purchased the $5. 500 min add-on.

boondock69

Thanks for the plan Stone.  But after a real battle finding out how screen shots are done.  When I insert pic of screen shot it says it's too many mb. The way she goes.

Cheers and thanks to all who tried helping an old man.

@boondock69 , if you could post your overview page screenshot, your payment history too, we can easily explain what has happened without the moderators.

hide your identifying info, like name, phone number, account number, etc.

boondock69

I had thought that I may be wasting $ trying the $5. 500 min add-on.   Fortunately though, I can now call out.  Data usage reports 4 minutes used and I did make a 4 min call.  so the minutes are coming off the add-on but my 100 minutes does not seem to be active.  (shows no calls under plan usage)  I will send a message to a moderator now, get the ball rolling.

thanks for your input and help, appreciated.

@boondock69I would recommend you hold your $ until you have heard back from a Moderator. It could be a provisioning issue that is causing you to have issues, so adding the $5 plan won't necessarily fix that. Most people who use the $5 plan as a fix had really ran out of minutes.. it doesn't sound like you have.

boondock69

Ok i have just tried the report phone lost/stolen and it was a no go. After the phone restarted I tried dialing out, the recording says " you dont have an active long distance plan."   I am not dialing long distance.  Although the $15. plan includes 100 Canada wide talk. 

I am going to buy the $5. talk add-on I have seen a few times in this thread.  See if that works until this is resolved.  thanks all who have replied trying to help.  cheers

@boondock69 wrote:

I had purchased the $25. Plan with the added funds!

@boondock69  So is everything working now?

boondock69

I had purchased the $25. Plan with the added funds!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@boondock69 wrote:

Thanks Will.  You were bang on.  Money was credited back to my account.  Can that $ credited into my account be used as auto pay?  Or is it destined to be used for top up add one?  Not really a big deal as I will be using add one at some point.  

But the problem I'm having calling out still exists.  I have the $15 plan which ran out of minutes just before last pay(pocket dialing). July 14th 2019 payment went through and still can't dial out. I can receive calls.  Sorry this is so long.  Thanks all who offer help.  Cheers

Renewals always take from Available Funds first. Rewards get converted into Available Funds at renewal. THEN it will take from autopay if needed.

The $5 calling add-on is great value.

boondock69

Thanks Will.  You were bang on.  Money was credited back to my account.  Can that $ credited into my account be used as auto pay?  Or is it destined to be used for top up add one?  Not really a big deal as I will be using add one at some point.  

But the problem I'm having calling out still exists.  I have the $15 plan which ran out of minutes just before last pay(pocket dialing). July 14th 2019 payment went through and still can't dial out. I can receive calls.  Sorry this is so long.  Thanks all who offer help.  Cheers

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@boondock69, even after you get your service all sorted out, it might be worthwhile to have the moderators credit back one of your payments.  I am not sure what you did but if you made multiple immediate plan changes, that would have consumed funds right away for no good reason.  They will very likely credit back one of the plan changes.  Note also that if the $10 plan is generally sufficient for your needs, the most economical way to supplement minutes for that plan is to buy the $5 for 500 minutes add-on.  The minutes on this add-on do not expire and will carry forward until they are used up. 

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think you have to add Add-Ons to be able to get additional minutes as Public Mobile is a prepaid service.  The money you paid into your account should reflect in your account balance and will be consumed on your next cycle.

Without the Add-On, you wil be stuck with No Talk Minutes

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@boondock69 wrote:

Prior to July 13 I figured I ran out of my 100 minutes as a recording said my plan didn't cover long distance.  So I added $15 to continue service.  Still no talk service.  Changed plan to $25 month plan and of course prepaid and watched payment go thru successfully.  Bank verified both payment $15 & $25.  Still can't phone

Adding funds doesn't give you more minutes.  You have to add a long distance add-on that can be used for more minutes, or change to a new plan that starts now. You can also renew same plan early by contacting moderators but you would need to wait. I would just add 500 minutes for $5.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@boondock69 wrote:

If your account status is active, try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

Send private message to moderator to ask for credit as you were trying to debug your calling problem.  There is no guarantee for the credit.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@boondock69 wrote:

Maybe restart phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.