cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No talk or text

hartwick
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can not make calls or text, I get a msg that states my plan does not include talk or text  but it does.  I have been working with a moderator last week but last email I got from them was last Friday saying there are no issues at their end and now no one responds to my emails asking to get this resolved.  I’m about to switch to another provider if this is typical service.  Any suggestions ? Background info, I had the $40 plan since last Sept and just switched to a $15 plan about 2 weeks ago.  

13 REPLIES 13

hartwick

PM corrected my problem but never sent me a notification that it was fixed.  It just started working one day.  

hartwick

Thanks for the suggestion. But in my opinion I'm paying to have cell phone service, if PM can not fix a simple problem like this then I'll just go back to Kodo and chuck it up to a "you get what you pay for".

I understand and dont mind a few gliches in service every now and then to reap a cheaper plan but I will not promote a cell provider that has very poor customer service. Another day has past and still no resolution or even a moderator to work with.

@hartwick, install a calling (and texting) app on your phone and use WiFi.

Fongo and textnow are two popular options.

hartwick

got a message from a moderator yesterday (Apr 28) that my issue is still pending, meaning its still waiting for a moderator to look at my problem. Now without a cell for 2weeks.

knapper

Did you hear back?  I have a similar issue.  I just use the number/sim to forward an old legacy number that I don't want to lose, and just noticed it was no longer forwarding.

hartwick

thanks, last week the moderator indicated that my account was reset from their end and asked me to reboot my phone but I still get the "your plan does not include talk and text",

Hopefully I will hear back a the moderator today as I sent another message to them last night.

hartwick

Thanks for the help.  I have reached out to a moderator again.  

hartwick

Thanks. I have reached out to a moderator again. 

@hartwick wrote:

My account is active and a moderator confirmed it was as well last week. I haven’t used any talk minutes so running out can’t be the issue. When i coke kicks my account on the public mobile web page everything looks correct and should be working.   I’m starting to think I’m somehow screwing up not actually reaching a moderator via email.  I have been replying to the moderators email but maybe that’s not the right way to reply ? What is the proper way to reach a moderator?

Here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and to reply you will see a little 1 red on the envelopp up right on this page click on it and click on the subject line to see all the message.

hartwick

My account is active and a moderator confirmed it was as well last week. I haven’t used any talk minutes so running out can’t be the issue. When i coke kicks my account on the public mobile web page everything looks correct and should be working.   I’m starting to think I’m somehow screwing up not actually reaching a moderator via email.  I have been replying to the moderators email but maybe that’s not the right way to reply ? What is the proper way to reach a moderator?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@hartwick , is you account active?  This plan has limited minutes.  Check the self serve to make sure it's not all used up.  It's hard to believe the moderator team would leave you stranded without at least some troubleshooting strategies even if account problems may not be the cause. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try resetting your account with the lost phone trick.

To report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-onstab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  

Need Help? Let's chat.