cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

BenWB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recently activated account. Checked to make sure phone was compatible. Tried all tip to get service. Still no service.

42 REPLIES 42

BenWB

I didn't transfer the number, its a brand new one I selected when activating the plan.

BenWB

The phone is a "K6", website told me it was compatible when I put in the imei. No error message, just told me there was a new sim card when I put in the brand new public mobile one. My account status is active. The message on the phone is "emergency calls only".

@BenWB wrote:

Also tried the APN settings, though my plan has no data, didn't seem to make any difference. Still no service/emergency calls only. Thanks though.

What phone are you using (exact model number, please)?

Is it possible that it's locked to your previous provider? (the error massage doesn't match exactly, but i'm trying to exclude things here...)

Are you able to try your new SIM in another unlocked phone (locked to Telus / Koodo works too)?

@BenWB wrote:

I cancelled my old plan with rogers. Was told I had 50 mins and 50 texts on the account for the next 30 days but only got messages telling me to "pay as I go" when I tried to message and call her earlier.

If you try to transfer that Rogers number, it will fail becauase you can't port a cancelled phone number.  If you want that, you need to reactivate Rogers plan.

That doesn't cause no service at Public Mobile.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@BenWB wrote:

Recently activated account. Checked to make sure phone was compatible. Tried all tip to get service. Still no service.

You shoud not get no service if phone is compatible, porting or not.  Waiting will not fix. Something is wrong or phone not compatible.  APN setting only make data work but won't fix no service, no phone call, no text.  What model is your phone? Did you get any error mesaage during activation? Does it say plan active in self serve?

BenWB

I cancelled my old plan with rogers. Was told I had 50 mins and 50 texts on the account for the next 30 days but only got messages telling me to "pay as I go" when I tried to message and call her earlier.

BenWB

Also tried the APN settings, though my plan has no data, didn't seem to make any difference. Still no service/emergency calls only. Thanks though.

@BenWB wrote:

Thanks. Will have to wait and see. Bit disappointing as I was hoping to wish my Mother a happy mother's day and have instead rendered myself more and more frustrated.

@BenWB  You can still use your old sim card for calling until the port completes. Once the port completes your old sim card will stop working.

Call your mother!

BenWB

Thanks. Will have to wait and see. Bit disappointing as I was hoping to wish my Mother a happy mother's day and have instead rendered myself more and more frustrated.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BenWB wrote:

About 2 hours now.

I would wait a couple of more hours. If still nothing contact a moderator at this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437

Did you set ypur APN settings?

Here is how to setup up data on androids and iphones.

Step by Step APN configuration

Step1: 

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Blackberry

OS 10 - Settings > Network and Connections > Mobile Network > Tap the settings icon (dented wheel)

Windows

Windows 8 Step 1 Settings > cellular > Add or Edit internet APN 

iPhone

Click here

Step 2:

You will need to input the following information:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

Step 3:

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network

BenWB

About 2 hours now.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It can take up to 1-3 hours for your number to port depending on volume. How long have you been waiting for service to activate?

Need Help? Let's chat.