cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service since August 13th

zakl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm really posting this as a formality and in the hope others won't waste as much time as I did with the narrow circle of suggestions.

On the 13th of August, I realised there was an issue due to some arguments regarding messages I didn't receive. This is the extent of the service now:

Texts in: Only from 778 prefixes.

Texts out: No

Calling in: Straight to voicemail

Calling out: "Sorry. We cannot complete your call. You don't currently have a long distance add-on and this call is not covered by your plan."

Calling voicemail: "Sorry. We cannot complete your call. You don't currently have a long distance add-on and this call is not covered by your plan."

Data: Shows as connected, with no traffic up or down.

Signal shows as full and states Public Mobile as the network.

Wrong model of phone? No. I have tried the SIM in a number of different devices, two of which were previously on the Public Mobile network (same plan), all with the same problem.

Pop the sim card out? No.

Flight mode on, then off? No.

Restarting the phone? No.

APN settings? No. These are all exactly as suggested.

Phone reported as stolen? No.

If the issue is too challenging, please just admit it and I'll happily shop around.

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zakl wrote:

Sir/Madam, you are my favourite person right now. I genuinely had no hope that would work, although "2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.", seems to have fixed it.

I am sincerely grateful and wish you a wonderful week.

Glad to hear it.

Looking back at your posts on Aug 13, a question was never really asked and then your post just kind of fell between the cracks without anybody probing to find out what's going on. It's one of the problems with posting in someone elses thread too. It could just get lost and buried.

zakl

Sir/Madam, you are my favourite person right now. I genuinely had no hope that would work, although "2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.", seems to have fixed it.

I am sincerely grateful and wish you a wonderful week.

zakl

Thanks for your prompt response, I'll give those a try now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zakl 

Two things to try:
1. Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.