cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No long distance package?

francolc1951
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've searched the forum for answers, and all I've seen is to power cycle the phone (remove sim, restart, replace sim etc) 

So when I make a phone call, sometimes it says that my plan does not have a long distance add on. But 5 minutes later when I make the call, it works. Some numbers do not work at all where as some numbers within the same area code work no problems.

I have Unlimited Province Wide Talk (Ontario) and the numbers I've had issues with are 807 and 416 numbers.

5 REPLIES 5

As these are both Ontario area codes, using the LD addons is not required, unless you're on a limited calling plan, with only so many minutes of talk.  But I believe those are Canada-Wide any way, so there is no need for in-Canada Long distance either.

This is most likely now a provisioning issue, or Public Mobile needs to update their calling lists for allowed calls on Province Wide plans.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@francolc1951 wrote:

I've searched the forum for answers, and all I've seen is to power cycle the phone (remove sim, restart, replace sim etc) 

So when I make a phone call, sometimes it says that my plan does not have a long distance add on. But 5 minutes later when I make the call, it works. Some numbers do not work at all where as some numbers within the same area code work no problems.

I have Unlimited Province Wide Talk (Ontario) and the numbers I've had issues with are 807 and 416 numbers.

@francolc1951  As others have mentioned a good idea to always use +1 when entering phone number in your contacts. In some cases that message comes up when the area code or the number is incorrectly entered. Might be worthwhile purchasing the 500 minute Canada Wide add-on for $5.00. Also might want to check your call history to see if you can determine the cause of the problem.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@francolc1951 wrote:

If you look in the Add-on section, you can get 500 minutes of Canada wide calling Add-on...for $5. Perdy sweet deal if you only occasionally make calls Canada wide and might eliminate the problem you've experienced.

BTW, those 500 minutes don't expire until you use them up...even if it takes 2 years...they'll roll over at renewal date until exhausted by you as long as you have an active plan.

Good luck.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@francolc1951 wrote:

Try dial 1 before area code 807 and 416, or dial +1 before area code 807 and 416. You could change plan for unlimited Canada wide talk on your next renew date.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@francolc1951 

Are you close (say 15km or so) to a provincial or international boundary?

Are you using contacts or straight dialing?

If contacts then make sure they have a 1 in front of the 10 digits.

Need Help? Let's chat.