cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

Klkenrick
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone suddenly won’t get any data.  When I’m away from home and want to use my data to check something on the internet...I have been getting “no connection” for a week now.  What do I do?

13 REPLIES 13

@Klkenrick wrote:

That link doesn’t seem to send me to a private message site.

The link that your were previously given by someone else is not the correct link/address. That only sends you to the Community home page.  Further, sending a private messsage to the moderator, while it may work, is supposed to be a back up method to contact them.

To contact the moderators about account issues, Public Mobile has been encouraging customers to go through https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ to open a support ticket.  Once opening that link, you can type in "contact us". After that, choose account specific issue, tell i that you want a human, and click on the ticket submission button.

@Klkenrick wrote:

Thanks.  I’m not sure if this is the way to send a private message.  Could you give me a phone number so I can talk to a tech person?

Sorry, but Public Mobile does not have a phone number for customers to call.

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi there we are here to help you out 🙂

Please give us a Private Message https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Mobile-Community/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Community 🙂

Is it not still the case that customers should be using SIMon to submit the ticket if at all possible? It's my understanding that tickets submit through that method are placed into a higher priority sequence.

@Klkenrick wrote:

Thanks.  I’m not sure if this is the way to send a private message.  Could you give me a phone number so I can talk to a tech person?

Sorry..no phone tech available with Public Mobile...it's a DIY type of service.

No point in contacting a moderator if you've just run out of data.

When is your plan renewal date ?

Klkenrick

That link doesn’t seem to send me to a private message site.

Klkenrick

@Klkenrick wrote:

Thanks.  I will try turning the phone on and off.

I may have run out of data last month, but shouldn’t it be re-set the following month, or as soon as the payment has been received?

Whenever is your next renewal is when your data will be restarted. Have a look at My Account to confirm renewal date.

If you have run out of data for this period, you'll have to wait until renewal, get a 1GB of data add-on for $30, or restart your plan early. Maybe consider a plan with more data if this is a chronic problem.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there we are here to help you out 🙂

Please give us a Private Message https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Mobile-Community/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Community 🙂

Klkenrick

Thanks.  I will try turning the phone on and off.

I may have run out of data last month, but shouldn’t it be re-set the following month, or as soon as the payment has been received?

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you've already confirmed that you haven't run out of data, try power off and power on your phone if you haven't done it yet.

Lorena_E
Customer Support Agent

Hello!

We would be happy to help you with this. Please send us a private message and we will reply as fast as we can!

Lorena

Public Mobile Mod

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Maybe check you data usage, for my understanding, if you reached you monthly data limit, you no longer have connection any more. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Double check if you haven't already used up your data alottment for this period.

Log into My Account / Data & Add-ons. If you see no mention of data...that indicates you've used it all. You can get a 1GB of data add-on...but its $30 !!

If you want..you can renew your existing plan early, but you'll foefeit whatever balance of talk / text is remaining and there's no prorated plans here.

Need Help? Let's chat.