cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet in Vancouver area

lavelalala
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It says internet connection is fine on the coveragemap, so I got PM SIM card 2 weeks ago.

However in fact, there is no internet connection all the time, wherever I am in Vancouver, even if I am in Downtown.

Can't call, can't text... I dont understand why I still had to pay for it.

I would like to refund it because I can do nothing with PM, it's useless. How can I refund it?

Please help me!

21 REPLIES 21

@darlicious wrote:
Terry

Haha haha...trust me this has pretty much happened. As long as he doesn't get stolen again.

Bound to happen any time now......

@AE_Collector wrote:

@darlicious @lavelalala   
Maybe we'll run into each other at the mall or the dude chillin park one of these days.

To recognize each other, you will both be yelling at your phones and chucking them at the Dude Chillin Guy Statue.

Terry

Haha haha...trust me this has pretty much happened. As long as he doesn't get stolen again.

@darlicious @lavelalala   
Maybe we'll run into each other at the mall or the dude chillin park one of these days.

To recognize each other, you will both be yelling at your phones and chucking them at the Dude Chillin Guy Statue.

Terry

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Awesome thanks...happy myself and the Iphone experts were able to help out. If you still have an open ticket to the moderators....and you don't need their help anymore please cancel it for the next guy. The community is awesome here reach out anytime.

Signal can get pretty weak in buildings. Skyscrapers and underground locations surrounded by concrete, metal, and electrical systems have a tendency to impede radio propogation.

@lavelalala wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply.
I updated IOS (my phone is iphone7) and erased the VPN, now seems like internet connection is fine. I live in mount plesant area in Vancouver so internet connection is a bit weak and sometimes [No Signal] sign appeard though.
Apriciate your response.

@lavelalala  Looks like I'm not the only one having posting problems today. It's possible your location is a weak spot between towers I've had that issue in the past with telus (a little) and freedom ( a lot) and I suppose if there is a lot of users on mobile telus data that the band with gets stretched too thin. I know this is a constant issue with my WiFi from telus. Nice to know you live in the hood. Maybe we'll run into each other at the mall or the dude chillin park one of these days.

lavelalala

I updated IOS (my phone is iphone7) and erased the VPN, now seems like internet connection is fine. I live in mount plesant area in Vancouver so internet connection is a bit weak and sometimes [No Signal] sign appeard though.
Apriciate your response.

lavelalala

I updated IOS (my phone is iphone7) and erased the VPN, now seems like internet connection is fine. I also live in mount plesant area in Vancouver so internet connection is a bit weak and sometimes [No Signal] sign appeard though.
Appriciate your response.

lavelalala

I did what you said( lost&found), updated IOS (my phone is iphone7) and erased the VPN, now seems like internet connection is fine. I live in mount plesant area in Vancouver so internet connection is a bit weak and sometimes [No Signal] sign appeard though.
I dont know what the problem was, but appriciate your response.

lavelalala

I updated IOS (my phone is iphone7) and erased the VPN, now seems like internet connection is fine. Internet connection is a bit weak and sometimes [No Signal] sign appeard though.

lavelalala

I updated IOS (my phone is iphone7) and erased the VPN, now seems like internet connection is fine. Because of the area I live, connection is a bit weak and sometimes [No Signal] sign appeard though.

lavelalala

Downtown Vancouver and some surrounding areas (including Highgate, SFU campus, around "the boot" Telus offices in Burnaby, Metrotown, others) are actually some of the Telus "5G pilot" sites. They should basically offer some of the very best cellular services (and fastest Data) currently available in Canada.  You could even blast through 1GB of Data in less than five minutes if your device hardware supports all available bands. 

Oh my goodness.... You need to be careful telling us all that PM is crap and doesn't work. I live in greater Vancouver, have been a customer since last December and have never had a problem. I go downtown all the time. It would be oddly embarrassing to have no functioning Telus network surrounding the Telus Head Office building! 

And non functional internet (cell data) has nothing to do with texting and voice service.

So.... rather than making rediculous statements about PM, why don't you work with us and/or PM to get your problem fixed?

Terry

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lavelalala wrote:

It says internet connection is fine on the coveragemap, so I got PM SIM card 2 weeks ago.

However in fact, there is no internet connection all the time, wherever I am in Vancouver, even if I am in Downtown.

I would like to refund it because I can do nothing with PM, it's useless. How can I refund it?

Please help me!

and I just wanna say...Please Be Carefull guys in Vancouver!!!! PM is USELESS here!!!!!!

I live in Vancouver not downtown but in mount pleasant so close enough to d/t. It's unfortunate that you have only found or asked the community for help now after going so long without service. Have you received an email from pm welcoming you? Were you able to set up your self service account or access it? Did you port over a number or just pick a new one? If you have no service but have been charged for it there's been a problem with your activation. If you have not been charged you need to start a new activation with the same SIM. Clear browser, go into secret/incognito mode and try again. If you get an error page or something doesn't load or accept your answer you have to wait 1 hour to try again. Otherwise message the moderators via Simon (?) At the bottom right of your screen and submit a tkt. ....you can ask for a credit for lost/ non active service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@lavelalala  What kind of device are you using? Sounds like your phone has limited band support.

@geopublic 

This user was in another thread about a week ago. They have an iPhone 7.

We don't know from this post whether they ever got a hold of a moderator and if anything what they did for them.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lavelalala  What kind of device are you using? Sounds like your phone has limited band support.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lavelalala wrote:

Please help me!

and I just wanna say...Please Be Carefull guys in Vancouver!!!! PM is USELESS here!!!!!!

@lavelalala @ Has your PM sim ever worked? There are plenty of customers of public Mobile in Vancouver!  Public Mobile runs on the Telus mobility network and has really good coverage in BC.  

Maybe you have some other issue? Is your phone unlocked?  Did you ever have service?  Have you tried another phone or checked the APN settings? 

In self serve, you can click lost stolen.  Shut off your phone, power cycle and then click on found 

Y

you can also use SIMon by clicking on the ? On the right side to contact a moderator to ensure your sim was activated correctly.  

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@lavelalalaCan you swap your SIM card in another to phone to see if it is a Public Mobile issue? I am in downtown and it seems to be fine for me.

Did the SIM card ever worked? It could be the card was not activated or provisioned correctly to start with.

You can contact the moderators to see what they can do for you. Contact the moderators via the ? on the lower right hand corner.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@lavelalala wrote:

Please help me!

On your computer...log into My Account. Does it show your plan as Active ? Have you checked your phone to see if it's not locaked to previous cell provider ?

I've used my Iphone SE in Vancouver many times without any problem.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

If only data never worked, probably a device issue.

Use the APN settings from https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

You said can't call or text. Did you contact Public Mobile?  What model phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.