cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming texts upon US add-on expiry

TimGj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've posted before about randomly not receiving any incoming texts for a day and have finally figured out it is not random at all. I have since realized that on the day of a US add-on expiring, I will not receive any incoming texts that day from anybody on any carrier. Outgoing texts work as do outgoing and incoming calls and LTE data. This happens when I am in Canada receiving texts from other Canadians or out-of-country texts.

This has been happening since the US add-ons were introduced every time I've purchased an add-on. I've tried rebooting my phone and using my SIM in another phone but this does not solve the problem.

I also know others in my family have had the exact same issue upon a US add-on expiry so it's not an isolated issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? If you're not receiving incoming texts, check if it's the 10th/last day of a US add-on.

@CS_Agent I hope you can provide some insight and help on this! Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@eves772 wrote:

Almost two years and I'm having the same problem.  Any solution? And did you eventually get the missed texts?

@eves772  this resolves itself within 24 hours (reboot your phone if you're still not getting incoming messages).  And no, you unfortunately will never receive the messages that were sent to you during the appox 24 hours between your add-on expiring and it getting properly removed from your account.  Unless someone follows up with you to ask why you haven't responded, you will have no idea they even tried, and they will have no idea the message did not reach you.  

And you are right to point out that > 2 years after introducing the US Roaming add-ons with this bug that it is 100% unacceptable that it still exists--yet it does. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@eves772 wrote:

Almost two years and I'm having the same problem.  Any solution? And did you eventually get the missed texts?

Solution is to have moderators reset stuff on their end.  

eves772
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Kingspider
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I believe I need my provisions reset. Sadly I had us roaming for texts and it has expired. I have not received text to almost the second of that chanhe 😄

TimGj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@MarieHelene_L Thanks for the prompt reply!

Good to know it's a known issue. How long might this take? It's been happening a long time now.

I will definitely PM next time this happens, though, good to know it can be resolved without having to wait the 12-24 hours.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @TimGj!

Sorry to hear you have not been receiving text messages after coming back from the US 😞 

In fact, this is indeed a system glitch our support team is aware of and currently working on to get fixed (one day)! It will usually get self-resolved within 12-24 hours of the add-on expiring. 

For faster resolution, you can also send us a private message including your phone & account number and we'll be able to manually fix things instantly! 

Cheers Cat Very Happy 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*
Need Help? Let's chat.